Archive for News
CHEAP TRICK will perform on Guitar Center Sessions on Directv’s Audience network channel 239 on January 17, 2014. More info will follow. Check out http://sessions.guitarcenter.com/ for updates.
Exhibit to feature artifacts from the private collection of the iconic power-pop band
On Sept. 12 the GRAMMY Museum will launch Cheap Trick: I Want You To Want Me! — a one-of-a-kind exhibit offering visitors an in-depth look at the more than 35-year career of power-pop progenitors Cheap Trick.
Cheap Trick taped a segment for NPR’s “Sound Opinions” with Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis on 7/22/13. It is a Budokan anniversary retrospective interview with 4 songs performed in the studio. Air date will be in approximately 6-8 weeks.
Details here! http://www.donovan.ie/en/2013/05/shadows-of-blue/
Tom Petersson on CMT Crossroads
Tom Petersson will appear on CMT Crossroads: Willie Nelson & Friends From Third Man Records. Show premieres Sunday, June 23 at 9:00pm ET/PT on CMT. Check your local listings!
Tom is in the band playing alongside artists as Neil Young, Jack White, Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones among others.
Cheap Trick, as well as the other bands that performed at Rocklahoma in Pryor, OK – signed items for a special auction to help the people of Moore, OK.
Please see the links below to bid on signed items by all bands:
Alice in Chains: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/16
Asking Alexandria: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/13
Big Wreck: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/9
Bullet For My Valentine: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/6
Cheap Trick: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/7
Guns n’ Roses: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/12
Hollywood Undead: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/8
Papa Roach: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/4
Steel Panther: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/5
Sunday Artists: http://auctions.readysetauction.com/rocklahoma/catalog/item/11
CHEAP TRICK TO PERFORM ICONIC BUDOKAN SET FOR 35TH ANNIVERSARY OF HISTORIC SHOW
LIVE PERFORMANCE TO TAKE PLACE AT JOHN VARVATOS BOWERY NYC ON SUNDAY, APRIL 28TH AND AT THE EL REY IN LA APRIL 30TH
NYC TO BE BROADCAST VIA LIVESTREAM.COM
LA SHOW TO AIR LIVE NATIONALLY ON AXS TV iBOOK FEATURING BUDOKAN CONTENT TO BE RELEASED APRIL 30
To celebrate the 35th anniversary of the legendary show in Budokan, Japan, Cheap Trick are excited to announce that they will play the exact April 28th, 1978 Budokan set on April 28th at the John Varvatos Bowery boutique in New York City, sponsored by Sony Experia and Legacy Recordings. As the space that formerly housed the seminal underground music club CBGB’s, the Varvatos store seemed the perfect place to celebrate this historic moment. This legendary band began its relationship with Varvatos in Spring 2008 when they starred in the seasonal brand campaign photographed by Danny Clinch. “I’m proud to host this momentous show for my friends Cheap Trick at my Bowery store which is celebrating its own 5th anniversary this month,” says designer John Varvatos.
Fans around the world will be able to watch the show live via Livestream.com by visiting http://new.livestream.com/CheapTrick/Budokan.
PopMarket.com will offer 50 VIP ticket bundles on April 4th at noon which will include entry to this private show, a meet and greet, a signed commemorative poster, the Cheap Trick Complete Epic Albums CD Box Set, plus the Budokan! 3 CD/1 DVD box set.
On April 30th, the band will perform the exact April 30, 1978 Budokan set at the El Rey in Los Angeles, CA. this show will air live nationally on AXS TV. Axs TV will also give home viewers a unique concert experience using social media. On twitter, fans can get connected with the live experience by following @axstv and using the hashtag #axscheaptrick. On facebook, fans can enter here to win autographed copies of the budokan! box set.
Bolstered by the hit singles, “I Want You To Want Me,” and “Ain’t That A Shame,” 1978’s Cheap Trick At Budokan is the album that catapulted the Rockford, IL, quartet to superstardom. The album rocketed all the way to #4 on the Billboard Top 200 and went triple platinum, and Rolling Stone has since called it one of the top 500 albums of all time.
Since the 70s, Cheap Trick have been blending elements of pop, punk and even metal in a way that is instantly catchy and recognizable. With a multitude of timeless classics to their name, Cheap Trick is a musical institution that resonates as much today as they did at the height of their stardom in the ‘70’s. Anyone familiar with Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report will note that Cheap Trick wrote and performed the theme song. They have more than 5,000 performances under their belt, 20 million records sold, 29 movie soundtracks and 40 gold and platinum recording awards.
UPDATE: Congratulations to SUE ZISHOCK – New York winner and ANTHONY ROBLES – Los Angeles winner!
Good work, TrickFans! Many of you came close to an almost-perfect score. Your knowledge of all things Trick is quite impressive! Many thanks to Rick Nielsen, Tom Petersson and Kim Gisborne for the tricky (no pun intended) questions used in this year’s contest, and thanks to Darran Prosser for the quiz headline graphic.Answers to the quiz are now posted below.
Welcome to our CHEAP TRICK DAY contest!
This year’s Trick Day Quiz winners will receive two (2) tickets to a special invite-only CHEAP TRICK show that is taking place at the end of this month. One show is in New York City, the other is in Los Angeles.
Here are the rules:
Below are a series of questions, with additional questions used as “tiebreakers.” The people who answer the most number of questions correctly will be in the Winner’s Circle Lottery. One winner and a guest will be chosen for the New York show, one winner and a guest will be chosen for the Los Angeles show.
Please answer the questions in the following format:
List the question number, and your answer next to it.
(For example: 1. ANSWER)
Please include your name, email address, and if you are a Trick International Fan Club member, include your membership number. Most importantly, please indicate which show – New York or Los Angeles – you would like to attend. You must indicate one city only or your submission will be void. One submission per person.
Send your answers to: TrickDayQuiz2013@AOL.COM
Please note that the winners will receive concert tickets only. Does not include any transportation, airfare or hotel accommodations.
Winners must provide the name of the guest upon notification. Both winner and guest must have valid photo identification.
Contest ends at 10:00amCST on April 2, 2013.
Contest is not open to employees or family members of CT Touring or its affiliated management companies or subsidiaries.
No correspondence will be entered into regarding questions or answers. Decision of the judges is final.
Contest is open to all CHEAP TRICK fans.
Winners will be notified April 4, 2013.
Answers and winners list will be posted after 5:00pmCST on April 4, 2013.
CLICK HERE to download the questions,or read them below!~
- The band’s first 45 single release in the USA was “Oh Candy.” What song was on the “B” side?
- On the “In Color” album cover, what is the make and model of motorcycle that Robin sitting is on?
- Which band did Cheap Trick tour with in Australia in 1990?
- At which studio was “If It Takes a Lifetime” recorded?
- What is written on the back of the guitar Rick had made for the first Sgt. Pepper show?
- Name the song Cheap Trick performs on the “Caddyshack II” movie soundtrack.
- Cheap Trick return to SummerSonic in Japan this upcoming August. Who headlined the bill (that included CT) on the outdoor stage at SummerSonic in Tokyo in 2003?
- Which guest provided extra background vocals on the track “You Drive I’ll Steer”?
- Who directed the promo video containing 5 tracks from the band’s debut album?
- Name the title of the original song, and also the reworked title of the song that Cheap Trick recorded for use by Audi in a SuperBowl commercial?
- What 3 songs did the band perform on an episode of the television show “One Tree Hill”?
- Which studio, and in what year, was the demo track of “Fan Club” recorded?
- What Beastie Boys song includes a sample of Cheap Trick?
- Rick is carjacked in the movie “Disorderlies.” What was the license plate number of the car he was driving?
- Who was on backing vocals on the original demo of “A Place in France”?
- What bass did Tom use on the song “If I Could”?
- Which member of Aerosmith regularly joined Cheap Trick on stage during the 2012 Aerosmith/Cheap Trick tour?
- Who yells “One more time!” on the song “Invaders of the Heart”?
- Who provided the DJ patter at the “Heaven Tonight” album show in 1998 in Chicago?
- How many different colors of vinyl was the “Special One” album released on in the USA?
- Rick has a pick design with R’s all over it in different fonts. How many of the letter “R” can be found on this pick? (Note: we are talking about the standard R’s pick – NOT the Sgt. Pepper Paris Las Vegas version.)
- Who tore up Cheap Trick’s 8×10 photo at the Record Plant because Jack Douglas was working with the band?
- Who was Cheap Trick’s GMC driver when they recorded their first album in New York City?
Hey Fans! Presale tickets will be going on sale every Wednesday right on our own website! On Tuesday mornings we’ll let you know which cities are going up the following day. Up this week are Orlando, Los Angeles, and Houston – hope to see you guys out there! For tix, dates and info click here: