CheapTrick.com > News
Winners of a signed Cheap Trick set list from the Australia/New Zealand tour are:
Because we had a large amount of people with the correct answers, we have managed to get a few extra Grand Prize winners for the 2 tickets and VIP meet/greet access.
Craig Locaciato – Biloxi show
Andrea Roelle – Bethlehem show
Chris Nielsen – Bethlehem show
Elaine Fenz – Bethlehem show
Janice Kozack – Indio show
Kai Fritzschen – Indio show
Debbie Lowe – Kansas City show
David Whittaker – Kansas City show
Marcus Brown – Kansas City show
The CHEAP TRICK DAY 2015 contest is now closed, and winners have been announced. Here are the answers to the quiz:
HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS/ANSWERS!:
Cheap Trick are currently away on a month long tour of Australia and New Zealand, so what better way to celebrate Cheap Trick Day in 2015 than with a tour-based quiz?
1. We are starting our tour in the city where producer Jack Douglas was born. Which city is that?
NEW YORK CITY
2. We are now on the island where we recorded an album with Sir George Martin. Where are we?
3. In the third song on our 4th album release, what place was cancelled?
COLORADO (from “Lookout” lyrics)
4. We are now in a European city where, along with AC/DC and The Who, we played an outdoor show in front of nearly 80,000 people. Where is this?
5. We love touring in Japan! We are now in the city where we played our last show of the 2003 Japanese tour, where are we?
6. We did a major tour in 1977 with Gene Simmons and his gang, which really got us some great exposure. In which city (and province) did that summer tour start?
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA (with KISS)
7. The final track from the studio album we released in 1986 had us on meeting on some streets. But if it wasn’t New York, where was it?
LONDON (“It’s Only Love” from The Doctor album)
8. It’s always good to be close to home! We played a huge hometown gig a few years back, which spawned a live double CD. But from which city and state were the location audio facilities provided for that show?
GLENVIEW, ILLINOIS (from the credits in Silver CD booklet)
9. We are in the one country that is specifically named in the 7th track of our fourth studio LP. Where is it?
CANADA (“Writing on the Wall” from Dream Police album)
10. Some of the band members traveled with the 1st Airborne Rock’n’Roll Division, entertaining American servicemen overseas. On the back cover of our eighth studio album, Rick is pictured wearing a personalized tour jacket. What’s the place name immediately below “Philippines”?
DIEGO GARCIA (Standing on the Edge album cover)
11. We are now standing outside the venue where we were once joined onstage by the sensational Alex Harvey. In which city are we?
LONDON (Hammersmith Odeon, 1980)
12. We’ve recorded in lots of places… we went to the pub in this small village and then we recorded “Money is the Route of All Fun” with Roy Wood. Which village and country are we in?
BATTLE, ENGLAND (from the liner notes in Sex, America, Cheap Trick)
13. Some location filming for the third video from our tenth studio album took place in this Olympian city. Where are we?
14. The title of the last song (unlisted on the original release) on our third LP was a play on the name of which town (where we played a lot in our early days)?
EAU CLAIRE (Wisconsin)
15. One of these is the ideal way to finish a Chinese meal… but in which city and state did we record the basic track of this song at a soundcheck?
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA (“Fortune Cookie,” from the liner notes of Sex, America, Cheap Trick).
16. Getting awards is always nice. We were given an award by Classic Rock magazine at The Roundhouse in recognition of “At Budokan”, but in which city was the awards ceremony?
17. So here we are at the end of this tour! When we played in this city in October 1979, we set a sound level record of 116db! And funnily enough, we are playing in this city again today! Happy Cheap Trick Day!
AUCKLAND (New Zealand)
18. It’s always cool to be on the same bill as one of your heroes. Last time we were in Germany, we played two shows opening for the legendary Jeff Beck. In which city was the second of these shows?
19. In 1998 and 1999, we performed our first three albums at a number of cities all around the USA. In which city and state were the last album shows of 1998 performed?
20. The Stacked Actors opened a show for us in which Olympian city?
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH (2002, Foo Fighters)
TOM’S TWO-PART TIEBREAKER:
Where did Tom live during the entire recording of Cheap Trick’s debut album in 1976?
Tom says: “”I lived at Jack Douglas’ apartment in New York City.”
Where did Rick live?
Tom says: “Rick lived at Jack Douglas’ house in Montclair, New Jersey.”
More information at http://bit.ly/1E9flzp
KOOL AND THE GANG AND CHEAP TRICK
TO KICK OFF 2014 R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL WEEKEND
WITH FOURTH ANNUAL FRIDAY NIGHT CONCERT
Concert Event in Champions Square Free and Open to Public
NEW ORLEANS (Nov. 20, 2014) – R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Officials announced today that Kool & the Gang and Cheap Trick will perform at the fourth annual “Friday Night Concert” on Friday, Dec. 19, at 7 p.m. in Champions Square. Admission to the concert is free.
The Friday Night Concert will kick off the fan festivities surrounding the 2014 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. The 2014 game will be played on Saturday, Dec. 20, at 10:00 a.m. (CST) in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Creating an estimated annual economic impact of $25 million to the city of New Orleans, this years’ matchup will include a representative from the Sun Belt Conference against a Mountain West opponent.
“Each year, the Friday Night Concert brings locals and visiting fans together to celebrate the city of New Orleans and the bowl festivities—and what better way than an open concert in Champions Square. Kool & the Gang and Cheap Trick promise to deliver another memorable bowl moment filled with free funk and fun.” said the Bowl’s Executive Director, Billy Ferrante.
The band performed “I Hate Myself for Lovin’ You” at the 2014 Little Kids Rock Benefit to honor Joan Jett at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on Oct. 23, 2014. Other artists who performed at the event helmed by Steven Van Zandt and Joan Jett included Alice Cooper, Billie Joe Armstrong, Ad-Rock, Kathleen Hanna, Mike Ness, Darlene Love, Jake Clemons and many more. The event raised $1.5 million for Little Kids Rock to revitalize music education for thousands of disadvantaged public school children across the country. http://www.littlekidsrock.org/
Cheap Trick will join the Foo Fighters at Wrigley Field in Chicago on August 29th, 2015! Tickets go on sale Monday, Oct 27th at 10am CT.
Thanks to the Lancaster Fire Department for their quick response at the American Music Theatre last night. The incident happened after the band finished their performance and was contained to some in-house equipment. No guitars, drums, gear, band or crew were were affected.
Photo courtesy: Rick Nielsen