Cheap Trick Messageboard

Full Version: Vegas--John Varvatos Hard Rock show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was this a private show for invitees only? Just wondering why it wasn't mentioned in the tour dates or News section. A lot of us were in Vegas anyway for the Sgt. Pepper shows, and it woulda been cool to see the Hard Rock performance as well, but no one seemed to know about it.
Not complaining, just curious. Smile
Unfortunately private show for invitees only. I just happened to be at the Hard Rock around 3pm when I noticed the crew moving equipment. I asked the security lady who was playing and she said Cheap Trick. I watched from the walkway but security was really strict about keeping the path clear. I talked to other fans and they said they heard it through the gravevine.

They went on at 8pm and played for an hour. It extended my trip by 5 hours but was well worth it. I drove home to L.A. with a big smile on my face.

Rich
Ahh, thanks for the info Rich. I figured it was private because Rick didn't plug the Hard Rock gig at the final Sgt Pepper show. I too drove home to L.A. that day, and I would have extended it gladly!
rf096 Wrote:Unfortunately private show for invitees only. I just happened to be at the Hard Rock around 3pm when I noticed the crew moving equipment. I asked the security lady who was playing and she said Cheap Trick. I watched from the walkway but security was really strict about keeping the path clear. I talked to other fans and they said they heard it through the gravevine.
Sounds like a Thriller. Big Grin
rf096 Wrote:They went on at 8pm and played for an hour. It extended my trip by 5 hours but was well worth it. I drove home to L.A. with a big smile on my face.

Rich
So Rich, did you manage to get into the gig or get to see the guys arriving ... just curious as you said you drove home with a big Big Grin on your dial!!
Yes, I watched the show from outside the Varvatos store. They made a grand entrance. Like I mentioned earlier, security would not allow you to stand in one place for too long.

Rich
What was the set like? Fashion report, lol? Smile
i did find this link on twitter ........... vivartos article

and if you click on the photographers name it takes you here ... vivartos photos

if you scroll down 4th row down 2 nd piccy in ... it looks like theres a set of photos on there ... but ya cant see them without registring .... :angry: :angry: ........ i tried registering and got e mails about account executives contacting me an so on ... so chickened out as i thought it might be going to cost me money i dont have lol ??? and e mailed them to cancell my registration explaining all i wanted was a look at the photos lol ??? ........ can anyone finsd a way we can all get a look at these ????????????????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ive just spotted them in the article in the in the press bit .......... just knew we needed to see these photos Big Grin gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also found this too ... the article dont mke sense lol... but a nice photo maybe taken before the gig ........ vivartos photo
thanks Jilla Smile
your all very welcome
any idea of the set list?
They opened the set with Way of the World and ended with Goodnight. They played the big 3, The Flame, When the Lights are Out, Sick Man and another from The Latest (sorry can't remember). They played a few others as well.

Rich
jilla Wrote:also found this too ... the article dont mke sense lol... but a nice photo maybe taken before the gig ........ vivartos photo
BTW- in case anyone hasn't done it yet- if you scroll almost all the way down in this link there's a moderately humorous good review and some photos of one of the Sgt. Pepper shows.
new shooze Wrote:
jilla Wrote:also found this too ... the article dont mke sense lol... but a nice photo maybe taken before the gig ........ vivartos photo
BTW- in case anyone hasn't done it yet- if you scroll almost all the way down in this link there's a moderately humorous good review and some photos of one of the Sgt. Pepper shows.
Thanks for pointing that out. The piece was funny. I left a comment that CT is NOT a tribute band, lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's