Cheap Trick Messageboard
Lollipop Factory - Great Power Pop - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plug your band here / talk about OTHER bands (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Lollipop Factory - Great Power Pop (/showthread.php?tid=3495)

RE: Lollipop Factory - Great Power Pop - dreampolice65 - 04-04-2011 01:39 PM

Finally got to see Lollipop Factory live in Philly this past weekend, and wrote about it on my blog. Was having a discussion over some cocktails with the band's guitarist, David Tweed, who noticed my shirt and commented that Robin Zander is one of his favorite vocalists. He and the band are also mentioned in the Jellyfish box set, "Fan Club", and is featured on the demos. Love this band- if you get a chance, check them out!

- dreampolice65 - 04-07-2011 06:44 AM

Made a video for my current favorite song from the first release. Here's "ReaLife". Incredible song- Power Pop with heavy influences of Klaatu, Jellyfish, Queen and all of the like. Great lyrics (one of the best choruses I've ever heard), insane harmonizing and lead vocals, tempo changes and smoking lead guitar.

This song has it all- if it doesn't stick in your head after hearing it twice, you're not alive. My official "wake up" song Tongue

Enjoy....

- dreampolice65 - 04-08-2011 02:44 PM

Wow- almost 50 views and no reply (other than my own)? This thing on? Should I have started a Dancing With The Stars or Charlie Sheen thread instead? I figured this would be right up a few of yours alley. dontknow.gif

- kevintonight - 04-12-2011 02:30 PM

dreampolice65 Wrote:Wow- almost 50 views and no reply (other than my own)? This thing on? Should I have started a Dancing With The Stars or Charlie Sheen thread instead? I figured this would be right up a few of yours alley. dontknow.gif
Well I have heard that the leader singer will be the new lead singer for Joan Jett Tongue

- dreampolice65 - 04-13-2011 10:43 AM

kevintonight Wrote:
dreampolice65 Wrote:Wow- almost 50 views and no reply (other than my own)? This thing on? Should I have started a Dancing With The Stars or Charlie Sheen thread instead? I figured this would be right up a few of yours alley. dontknow.gif
Well I have heard that the leader singer will be the new lead singer for Joan Jett Tongue
:laugh: - Well, at least that's a reply.

- kevintonight - 04-13-2011 09:15 PM

dreampolice65 Wrote:Finally got to see Lollipop Factory live in Philly this past weekend, and wrote about it on my blog. Was having a discussion over some cocktails with the band's guitarist, David Tweed, who noticed my shirt and commented that Robin Zander is one of his favorite vocalists. He and the band are also mentioned in the Jellyfish box set, "Fan Club", and is featured on the demos. Love this band- if you get a chance, check them out!
I like it. It definitely has a Jellyfish/Queen vibe with a little Mika thrown in.

- dreampolice65 - 04-14-2011 07:47 AM

kevintonight Wrote:
dreampolice65 Wrote:Finally got to see Lollipop Factory live in Philly this past weekend, and wrote about it on my blog. Was having a discussion over some cocktails with the band's guitarist, David Tweed, who noticed my shirt and commented that Robin Zander is one of his favorite vocalists. He and the band are also mentioned in the Jellyfish box set, "Fan Club", and is featured on the demos. Love this band- if you get a chance, check them out!
I like it. It definitely has a Jellyfish/Queen vibe with a little Mika thrown in.
Right on, kevintonight- glad you liked. The whole CD is fantastic, I recommend to any lover of Power Pop (which is probably, everyone here). Great music! rockon.png.gif

- dreampolice65 - 04-18-2011 12:34 PM

TUNE!