Cheap Trick Messageboard
Robin Zander's new CD - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cheap Trick Albums/CDs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Robin Zander's new CD (/showthread.php?tid=8693)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - ajsmith11 - 03-27-2012 06:41 AM

Me too, I have plenty of material for a trade - the snippets on the RnR Geek Show were fantastic...

http://www.mevio.com/episode/310072/robin-zander-countryside-blvd.-track-by-track

A wikipedia article for the album may be needed too....

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - cdg - 03-27-2012 11:17 AM

(03-27-2012 06:41 AM)ajsmith11 Wrote:  Me too, I have plenty of material for a trade - the snippets on the RnR Geek Show were fantastic...

http://www.mevio.com/episode/310072/robin-zander-countryside-blvd.-track-by-track

thanks for the link....would have been more enjoyable if the internet DJ would have shut up through the songs...

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - ajsmith11 - 03-28-2012 09:03 AM

True - I was just happy to hear previews of the tracks though. Another site did have 30 second previews but they are long gone now.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - radiolover - 03-28-2012 12:31 PM

I have no idea why something like this couldn't be available for sale in the store here on ct.com.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - ch67 - 03-31-2012 12:49 PM

(03-27-2012 11:17 AM)cdg Wrote:  
(03-27-2012 06:41 AM)ajsmith11 Wrote:  Me too, I have plenty of material for a trade - the snippets on the RnR Geek Show were fantastic...

thanks for the link....would have been more enjoyable if the internet DJ would have shut up through the songs...

Okay... YOU DIDN'T PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION OR YOU WOULD HAVE A COPY OF THIS ALBUM. It won't be there for long now (not since I've had to post this). I'm telling you, you are missing a gift. The point I made earlier was you can hear most of the songs in the track by track review/podcast (despite Michael Butler's ramblings). So go back and get your door prize. It's worth it. Trust me. Know that I am merely the messenger, I have nothing to do with this podcast or any of the "extras." Besides, lots of really cool folks will trade if you ask nicely, there are ways to get the CD, just don't pay money for it, TRADE with someone. It complicates things when $$$ is involved. For example, I will not do anything but trade for DVDs and CDs, if someone insists in making it a cash deal, I don't go through with it. With this CD appearing then disappearing like it did, it could reappear as a viable, commercial release.

Oh, and it's a track by track review of the album, the point IS for the HOST (he's really not a DJ in all fairness) to talk during or over the songs. But, there is a remedy...'nuff said.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - Jonny Con Carne - 03-31-2012 08:50 PM

(03-28-2012 12:31 PM)radiolover Wrote:  I have no idea why something like this couldn't be available for sale in the store here on ct.com.

That makes too much sense.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - Andrea - 04-01-2012 10:25 AM

So there I was, listening to the snippets on the podcast, and of course- although warned- was annoyed with the DJ talking thru the songs.
About halfway thru, my husband informs there was an option to listen to it without the commentary. WHAT?!?
April Fool's, he laughs.
Why I oughta... Dodgy

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - Schlichtl - 04-01-2012 09:18 PM

(04-01-2012 10:25 AM)Andrea Wrote:  So there I was, listening to the snippets on the podcast, and of course- although warned- was annoyed with the DJ talking thru the songs.
About halfway thru, my husband informs there was an option to listen to it without the commentary. WHAT?!?
April Fool's, he laughs.
Why I oughta... Dodgy

LOL...I love your husband. Smile Actually, I was annoyed initially as well but then I realized this guy seems more like a comedian than DJ. I started to get amused by his comments. He definitely loves Robin's voice. Seems like he has a crush on Robin. Who doesn't? Big Grin

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - cdg - 04-02-2012 10:30 AM

I USED to think I was fairly tech savvy.......but I'm not following....

(03-31-2012 12:49 PM)ch67 Wrote:  
(03-27-2012 11:17 AM)cdg Wrote:  

Okay... YOU DIDN'T PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION OR YOU WOULD HAVE A COPY OF THIS ALBUM. It won't be there for long now (not since I've had to post this). I'm telling you, you are missing a gift. The point I made earlier was you can hear most of the songs in the track by track review/podcast (despite Michael Butler's ramblings). So go back and get your door prize. It's worth it. Trust me. Know that I am merely the messenger, I have nothing to do with this podcast or any of the "extras." Besides, lots of really cool folks will trade if you ask nicely, there are ways to get the CD, just don't pay money for it, TRADE with someone. It complicates things when $$$ is involved. For example, I will not do anything but trade for DVDs and CDs, if someone insists in making it a cash deal, I don't go through with it. With this CD appearing then disappearing like it did, it could reappear as a viable, commercial release.

Oh, and it's a track by track review of the album, the point IS for the HOST (he's really not a DJ in all fairness) to talk during or over the songs. But, there is a remedy...'nuff said.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - ajsmith11 - 04-02-2012 02:43 PM

Some writing credits are listed with the available lyrics here:
http://www.songlyrics.com/robin-zander/countryside-blvd/

But does anybody know the writers of the following songs:

Every Dog
The Ballad of Jean & Me
Pamela Jean
Save the Last Dance For Me

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - Darran - 04-02-2012 02:58 PM

(04-01-2012 10:25 AM)Andrea Wrote:  So there I was, listening to the snippets on the podcast, and of course- although warned- was annoyed with the DJ talking thru the songs.
April Fool's, he laughs.
Why I oughta... Dodgy

You should have told your husband to google the website the DJ's talking about Andrea that would have been a bigger April Fools. Blush

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - Andrea - 04-02-2012 07:36 PM

(04-02-2012 02:58 PM)Darran Wrote:  
April Fool's, he laughs.
Why I oughta... Dodgy

You should have told your husband to google the website the DJ's talking about Andrea that would have been a bigger April Fools. Blush

Oh yeah, I forgot about those promotions in the beginning. Hubby heard 'em, but I was thankful the kids weren't in the room at the time Angel

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - ch67 - 04-03-2012 11:26 AM

(04-02-2012 02:43 PM)ajsmith11 Wrote:  Some writing credits are listed with the available lyrics here:
http://www.songlyrics.com/robin-zander/countryside-blvd/

But does anybody know the writers of the following songs:

Every Dog
The Ballad of Jean & Me
Pamela Jean
Save the Last Dance For Me

"Save the Last Dance For Me" was written by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman. Made famous by Ben E. King or The Drifters or someone like that.

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - jilla - 04-08-2012 10:37 PM

anyone still needs these tracks just let me have your e mail addy

RE: Robin Zander's new CD - jilla - 05-19-2012 05:43 AM

those waiting for me to send this .. i havnt forgot you i promise just been busy lately but do keep thinking i must get those tracks sent so havnt forgot you