Cheap Trick Messageboard
Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cheap Trick Concerts/On the Road (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 (/showthread.php?tid=9019)

Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Cheap Trick Webmaster - 05-04-2012

Set list - Wendover-5/4/12

Hello There
Way of the World
Big Eyes
She's Tight
Borderline
California Man
Ain't That a Shame
If You Want My Love
Magical Mystery Tour
I Want You to Want Me
Don't Be Cruel
High Roller
I Know What I Want
That 70s Song
The Flame
Need Your Love
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Dream Police
Auf Wiedersehen
Goodnight

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Darran - 05-05-2012

Awesome,I look forward to hearing it on the UK tour in the Fall. Big Grin

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - CattleDog - 05-05-2012

(05-04-2012, 10:54 PM)Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:  Set list - Wendover-5/4/12

Hello There
Way of the World
Big Eyes
She's Tight
Borderline
California Man
Ain't That a Shame
If You Want My Love
Magical Mystery Tour
I Want You to Want Me
Don't Be Cruel
High Roller
I Know What I Want
That 70s Song
The Flame
Need Your Love
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Dream Police
Auf Wiedersehen
Goodnight

Wow! Fabulous and incredible....bring this setlist to Shelton, Washington now just two weeks from today. Of course, you can add "Mandocello" and "Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School" for icing on that cake! Hope everyone had a blast.

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - FanSinceHeavenTonight - 05-05-2012

Last night's concert was fantastic. The guys were all really happy and the acoustics in the concert hall were great. At one point, Rick was looking out into the audience and somehow a friend, Eddie Wong, who he lived across the street from for 20 years in Rockford, got his attention and Rick had him come up on the stage and everyone hugged him and he talked about how small (knee high) Daxx was the last time he saw him! Rick said he was very sorry to hear about Eddie's Mom, but could he now get the secret recipe for the egg rolls she used to serve in her restaurant! I was very disappointed when I got Tom's attention and waved to him like I did in Vancouver and Albuquerque and he looked like he wanted to remember me, but he didn't! Broke my heart, Tom! The set list was great and everyone was really into it and having a great time. We never wanted it to end, but there is always that point where Rick brings out his special guitar and you know it's over until next time.

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - curiouser - 05-05-2012

Hello There
Way of the World
Big Eyes
She's Tight
Borderline
California Man
Ain't That a Shame
If You Want My Love
Magical Mystery Tour
I Want You to Want Me
Don't Be Cruel
High Roller
I Know What I Want
That 70s Song
The Flame
Need Your Love
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Dream Police
Auf Wiedersehen
Goodnight

How about putting 'The Flame', 'That 70's Song' and 'Don't Be Cruel' out to pasture and start doing some other (better) songs like 'Say Goodbye', 'You're all I Wanna Do', and 'Everything Works if You Let It'?

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Dawn9 - 05-05-2012

Nice to see the "set list" pages starting to pop up again! It's been a few months without them! Looking forward to the June 1st Rockford showCool

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - CattleDog - 05-06-2012

Thanks so very much for your great recap of Friday night's show. We are, of course, counting the hours now until Shelton. It all happens so quickly, and the lead up takes so long...we are all so fortunate to have such great guys to bring us all together! Thanks again. Keep those comments coming!

(05-05-2012, 06:40 PM)FanSinceHeavenTonight Wrote:  Last night's concert was fantastic. The guys were all really happy and the acoustics in the concert hall were great. At one point, Rick was looking out into the audience and somehow a friend, Eddie Wong, who he lived across the street from for 20 years in Rockford, got his attention and Rick had him come up on the stage and everyone hugged him and he talked about how small (knee high) Daxx was the last time he saw him! Rick said he was very sorry to hear about Eddie's Mom, but could he now get the secret recipe for the egg rolls she used to serve in her restaurant! I was very disappointed when I got Tom's attention and waved to him like I did in Vancouver and Albuquerque and he looked like he wanted to remember me, but he didn't! Broke my heart, Tom! The set list was great and everyone was really into it and having a great time. We never wanted it to end, but there is always that point where Rick brings out his special guitar and you know it's over until next time.

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - FRED GARVINS WIFE - 05-06-2012

nice to hear people had a good time. can anyone report what the guitar picks looked like if you got some if you don't mindSmile also a new tour shirt? thx!
bring back daddy should have stayed in high school !!
bring back stiff comp! it's an a@S kicker every time

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Debbie Lowe - 05-06-2012

Hello There
Way of the World
Big Eyes
She's Tight
Borderline
California Man
Ain't That a Shame
If You Want My Love
Magical Mystery Tour
I Want You to Want Me
Don't Be Cruel
High Roller
I Know What I Want
That 70s Song
The Flame
Need Your Love
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Dream Police
Auf Wiedersehen
Goodnight

Whoa! Feel free to repeat this set next weekend in Mille Lacs, MN. (Add in some "Hot Love" and "Clock Strikes Ten" and I will be in total Cheap Trick Heaven") Smile

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - FanSinceHeavenTonight - 05-07-2012

Thank you, CattleDog! Sometimes I'm not sure if I just talk too much about the concerts, but I love CT so much, I can't say enough! We're not sure when we'll get to see them again, but when we do, I will be sure to write another review. We probably won't see them with Aerosmith since their set list will probably be much shorter than we are used to. I'll have to keep an eye on the tour schedule and see what we can fit in!
I got 9 guitar picks and they are all the same as they have been for the last 2 years. I didn't see any new shirt designs since the raglan type I got at the Vancouver show, which was on clearance at Christmas. Sorry I can't give you any better news!

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Schlichtl - 05-07-2012

You can never talk too much about the shows. It's great to hear what everyone's experience is. Any chance you have some pictures to share? Angel

(05-07-2012, 07:51 PM)FanSinceHeavenTonight Wrote:  Thank you, CattleDog! Sometimes I'm not sure if I just talk too much about the concerts, but I love CT so much, I can't say enough! We're not sure when we'll get to see them again, but when we do, I will be sure to write another review. We probably won't see them with Aerosmith since their set list will probably be much shorter than we are used to. I'll have to keep an eye on the tour schedule and see what we can fit in!
I got 9 guitar picks and they are all the same as they have been for the last 2 years. I didn't see any new shirt designs since the raglan type I got at the Vancouver show, which was on clearance at Christmas. Sorry I can't give you any better news!

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - MusicGyrl23 - 05-30-2012

Hi everyone - I'm new to the board and I was at the Wendover show.
THANKS FOR THE SET LIST!!!!

I was in the 3rd row and it was my first time seeing Cheap Trick - geez why did I wait so long???

The Eddie W. story was fun to be a witness to.
I also picked up several guitar picks when Rick Nielsen threw them - I ended up giving many of the picks away to the people in the rows behind me.
It was a great night and the only thing missing was a chance to meet them so I could show them the pics I took of them back in the 1980s at a record store signing event.

Glad to find other fans - love the music and sure was fun digging into old boxes to find my souveniers from back in the day....Cool

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Schlichtl - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 05:19 PM)MusicGyrl23 Wrote:  Hi everyone - I'm new to the board and I was at the Wendover show.
THANKS FOR THE SET LIST!!!!

I was in the 3rd row and it was my first time seeing Cheap Trick - geez why did I wait so long???

The Eddie W. story was fun to be a witness to.
I also picked up several guitar picks when Rick Nielsen threw them - I ended up giving many of the picks away to the people in the rows behind me.
It was a great night and the only thing missing was a chance to meet them so I could show them the pics I took of them back in the 1980s at a record store signing event.

Glad to find other fans - love the music and sure was fun digging into old boxes to find my souveniers from back in the day....Cool

Welcome!!!!

RE: Set list - Wendover-5/4/12 - Kaiser - 06-14-2012

Yea, great show. I was glad to spend it with an old friend after a roadtrip from Denver. Glad Rick saw me and made fun of my tattoo again. Great also to be allowed back onto the CT message boards. Hope for another roadtrip soon.