Cheap Trick Messageboard
Cheap Trick with Xeno - CD before Robin - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cheap Trick Albums/CDs (http://www.cheaptrick.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Cheap Trick with Xeno - CD before Robin (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Cheap Trick with Xeno - CD before Robin - Blacknwhiteforever - 05-06-2011

Bought it on Ebay, I know no royalties, but this seems as rare as it gets. It says 1974 Rockfield Il. Do they mean Rockford. It claims to be on the Gypsy Eye Label. It appears to be a well manufactured CD, although the recording is very raw.
Track List
1. Feeling Alright
2. Women
3.Love - its
4. Rockin'nRoll
5. Stupid Girl
6. Dancing in the Street
7. Daddy Should Have Stayed In HS
8. I KNow
9. Down By the Bay
10. Rock 'n Roll
11. Move Over
12. Money

The guitars are awesome and it sounds like BUNE' beat on the drums, and definitly Tom and Rick, Xeno can grow on ya but never and I mean never can he give us what Robin has, Xeno does a great job on the Led Zep tune more of weak Getty Lee or Triumph, Angel or Starz lead singer.

Dont beat me up too much for buying it but Rick Tom and Bune are really rocking on these.

- Blacknwhiteforever - 05-06-2011

Oh its not so do you have it, I have been a trick fan for a very long time, my understanding it is a bootleg from a fan at the show, and maybe the very first available recording of CT, if not please correct me, I'm not being a dick here but I LOVE CHEAP TRICK just putting the word out, cuz in my 35 yrs plus of being a trick fan i have never seen this talked about

I gotta say as aewsome as the backing trio are on this,without ROBIN, there is NO CT as we know it sorry guys............................................................................​..........
................................................................................​..........
................................................................................​..........

WOW we are not talking about writing SONGS, LMFAO, The man of a thousand VOIECES, can I ask how old are you , and yea u did not answer the last post of mine LOL, I bet all ur music is digital downlods right, ROBIN can sing anything and yes Xeno is not all that bad but he has noooooooooooooooooo range

Who is that behind the mask in a hat on a CHEAP TRICK BOARD, HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hey I gotta ask u when was the last time u whispered VOICES in a ladies ear while making LOVE

Yea fellow board members this kid pissed me off already, CHEAP TRICK is the Greatest on the same level as the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Ford Mustang.........................................................................​..........

Wow I'm playing Voices so Awesome, yes my first Trick Show was 1979 Rochester NY the opening show that tour with UFO, so yes I saw Tom play and sing I Know What I Want for the first time in the USA, as best as I can know

- RICK THE CAP - 05-09-2011

For those that don't know, when Xeno (Randy Hogan) left Cheap Trick he first joined the band "Straight Up" then "Crossfire" who became BAD BOY. I believe that they still tour and there are several clips of them on Youtube.

- Voices909 - 05-09-2011

I believe it was Bad Boy before Blue Oyster Cult opening for Cheap Trick in Beloit a few summers ago. Xeno has a very good voice.

- TinaMarie - 05-09-2011

Blacknwhiteforever Wrote:Yea fellow board members this kid pissed me off already, CHEAP TRICK is the Greatest on the same level as the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Ford Mustang.
I like Cheap Trick, the Steelers and Ford Mustangs too.

I also like Gus, take it easy on the youngster Smile

- TinaMarie - 05-09-2011

Bernadicou Wrote:I piss you off? EVERYONE ;D loves me on this forum, right Darran/Tina Marie?Smile)).
Gus, you come up with only two examples, and it's me and Darran?!?!? That will surely convince him of your goodness :p

Now be a nice fella, and answer the question of whether they mean "Rockford, IL" on the album or "Rockfield, IL". I think that was the question.

As for this Xeno person, I've never heard him so can't comment on his vocal range or talent.

- freeresonance - 05-09-2011

Bernadicou Wrote:Troll Alert
nuff said. i've had this boot for 15 years, and then some (featuring xeno, that is).

- freeresonance - 05-09-2011

TinaMarie Wrote:As for this Xeno person, I've never heard him so can't comment on his vocal range or talent.
he sounds like a terry reid clone. not a bad thing, but not exactly original.

- chptrk428 - 05-09-2011

Voices909 Wrote:I believe it was Bad Boy before Blue Oyster Cult opening for Cheap Trick in Beloit a few summers ago. Xeno has a very good voice.

Yes, it was Bad Boy, then BOC at Riverfest in Beloit, WI a few years back. Nothing wrong with Xeno's voice.... Can't compare the 2 singers.

Gus is one of the coolest guys I know.....he has a very extensive vinyl collection and his knowledge of Cheap Trick is amazing.

Now, back to the music..... icon_cheers.gif icon_sunny.gif