Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs (Apple) R.I.P.
10-09-2011, 05:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2011, 03:53 AM by Darran.)
RE: Steve Jobs (Apple) R.I.P.
(10-09-2011, 04:19 PM)janna Wrote:  He didn't change my life...he may have changed some ways we live our lives and some of those are not for the better. I existed before Steve Jobs inventions and I would be here now without them.
(10-08-2011, 08:01 PM)PEBA Wrote:  
(10-08-2011, 05:09 PM)CHRISTOPHEZEE Wrote:  
(10-08-2011, 01:05 PM)janna Wrote:  I am sorry to hear of his passing, but really does his technological inventions place him in the saint category? He was a billionaire...what charities did he donate to? Very few....
I quite agree with you janna.
RIP Steve Jobs, yes. Was he brilliant? Probably. But I can't stand hearing the whole wide world saying things like "He changed our lives". Sorry, but there is much better things to do for humanity than an I-phone or an I-pad.
Yep all he did was create an ipod and iphone. Confused If it wasn't for Steve Jobs' work we may not be having this conversation with each other from our personal computers.So yes, he did have a part in changing our lives.

Dear god Yoko you can't even quote properly on CT.com. Big Grin
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

10-09-2011, 07:56 PM,
^^^ LOL...This new messageboard confuses the heck out of me.
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM,
I don't think anyone is trying to "Saint" Steve Jobs.

If you think Steve hasn't had an impact on your life, then you aren't paying attention to the many ways he shaped our current society and those of the rest of the modern world. It was Steve who gave us the personal computer, it was Steve who basically created PDAs (remember the Newton?) and it was Steve who paved the way for others to innovate. It wasn't that Steve made your life better as an individual, but he has had a huge impact on the way you live it by the way you use the technology you use.

I know for a fact that every time Cheap Trick plays near Cupertino (Apple HQ) that Rick Nielsen goes to the company store at HQ (and Rick has been a long-time Apple fan). I know that Bun E. bought his first computer (a Mac) after playing the Chicago Apple Store opening. My money says Robin and Tom likely have Macs, too. In fact, most creatives that I know use Macs almost exclusively, and Steve Jobs is the reason Apple exists and the reason the company has done so well since he rejoined in 1996.

Let's not forget his invaluable contribution to film (he made Pixar what it is, know it or not) and Steve gave anonymously to many, many charities. (He, unlike many famous, rich folks, didn't need for people to know when he donated a few million dollars to a cause). I like how people who know NOTHING about Steve Jobs just assume he never donated any money to anyone, that is rich. How would you know what he does or does not do with his money, you don't even know why he is important? It is funny, at least one of you is so funny and particular when it comes to life and being respectful of it, but here you are, doing your best to diss a pretty good guy. Funny how that works.

The loss of Steve Jobs was inevitable, but his genius will be missed. He did give us all a lot to enjoy and be productive with, I love all my Apple products and I've always owned a Mac (in terms of computers I have owned). I have never, ever, bought nor owned a Windows based machine and pray I never will. (I have certainly had to use them, sadly). Where I work lately it is almost exclusively Mac based, so I hopefully will get to keep on using Macs for the creative things I work on.

Steve, you will be missed greatly. Your loss is felt by many and it is a sad one. I am especially sad for your kids and your wife. I hope you are resting now, in complete peace, no more pain and suffering. I know you are in a better place.
01-23-2012, 03:33 PM,
Might I add one thing to Steve's incredible list of achievements-the gift he truly had was being able to marry the engineering and the psychological. he could forsee a device you didn't even know you needed until you saw it. And then he made it so perfect, so smooth, so beautiful, so marvelous-that you saw it, you touched it and BAM!! You had to have it. I can remember how profoundly amazed I was by my first gen, 5gig iPod. The singlemost important device I had purchased to that point in time. And now, the rumor is before he passed, he basically re-invented the TV. He revolutionized phones, and posthumously, will do it again with the TV. How? Not sure. Maybe with Siri, which iPhone 4S users have come to know. (All my iPhone 4 does with respect to that software is voice dial stuff for me or play what I ask for it to play on the iPod on my iPhone). So more, but alas the last, of Steve's amazing products are coming. Be prepared to be amazed.