Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sign Petition For Cheap Trick
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012 02:51 PM by dreampolice65.)
Wink Sign Petition For Cheap Trick
Made a Facebook page for it- social network your a**es off!!! FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CHEAP TRICK

Thanks!!!
Oops- deleted the original petition page... here it is again! SIGN PETITION!

Party at the "Unofficial" Cheap Trick Chatroom NOW!
http://chptrkchat.741.com/chptrkchat.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Sign Petition For Cheap Trick
5 signatures- two of them mine. Woo hoo. Way to show support, fans! LOL

03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
The link didn't work?!?
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Here it is again, in a hyperlink, and just text that can be copied and pasted. Let me know Wink PETITION LINK

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cheap...signatures

03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Almost 200 views on this thread... How many signatures besides mine? A whopping TEN. Now, I'm fully aware getting even 10,000 sigs might not be enough to get them the gig, but this is downright embarrassing. And so it goes....

03-23-2012, 04:46 PM
(03-23-2012 03:00 PM)dreampolice65 Wrote:  Almost 200 views on this thread... How many signatures besides mine? A whopping TEN. Now, I'm fully aware getting even 10,000 sigs might not be enough to get them the gig, but this is downright embarrassing. And so it goes....

No offense, but it's a lost cause. I agree with you that Cheap Trick is deserving but have you seen the acts who have been doing the halftime shows??? A band that is OPENING for Aerosmith has NO CHANCE of headlining the Super Bowl. Like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, it's just not going to happen. Nice try though.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"Leave me alone cuz I'm my Best Friend."
03-23-2012, 05:13 PM
(03-23-2012 04:46 PM)Jonny Con Carne Wrote:  
(03-23-2012 03:00 PM)dreampolice65 Wrote:  Almost 200 views on this thread... How many signatures besides mine? A whopping TEN. Now, I'm fully aware getting even 10,000 sigs might not be enough to get them the gig, but this is downright embarrassing. And so it goes....

No offense, but it's a lost cause. I agree with you that Cheap Trick is deserving but have you seen the acts who have been doing the halftime shows??? A band that is OPENING for Aerosmith has NO CHANCE of headlining the Super Bowl. Like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, it's just not going to happen. Nice try though.

If enough people get behind anything enough to make others notice, things happen. Look at Rebecca Black's "Friday" video. Checkmate. Cool I figured at least everyone on a Cheap Trick board would support this. It's not like I posted this on a Beyonce message board. LOL

03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
(03-23-2012 05:13 PM)dreampolice65 Wrote:  
(03-23-2012 04:46 PM)Jonny Con Carne Wrote:  

If enough people get behind anything enough to make others notice, things happen. Look at Rebecca Black's "Friday" video. Checkmate. Cool I figured at least everyone on a Cheap Trick board would support this. It's not like I posted this on a Beyonce message board. LOL

That's ironic because Beyonce will probably be the next Super Bowl act.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"Leave me alone cuz I'm my Best Friend."
03-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Whether this petition is successful or not,which it won't be of course Big Grin we could still all sign it just for the hell of it. Tongue

★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
(03-24-2012 05:33 AM)Darran Wrote:  Whether this petition is successful or not,which it won't be of course Big Grin we could still all sign it just for the hell of it. Tongue

That's what I'm talkin' about- thanks, Darran! We're up to 18 sigs- if that doesn't get the attention of the NFL Execs, I don't know what will. Dodgy

03-26-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm down, in favor, of course! why aren't we all on there at least once? the who were there a couple years ago, do you think they got more votes than justin bieber or 100 other artists? this is to get their attention, not the winner of how many votes.

READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
(03-25-2012 11:39 AM)dreampolice65 Wrote:  
(03-24-2012 05:33 AM)Darran Wrote:  Whether this petition is successful or not,which it won't be of course Big Grin we could still all sign it just for the hell of it. Tongue

That's what I'm talkin' about- thanks, Darran! We're up to 18 sigs- if that doesn't get the attention of the NFL Execs, I don't know what will. Dodgy

23 now Dude,it's happening,it's happening. Big Grin

★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

03-31-2012, 11:51 AM
OK, I signed.

One positive is that CT has done more than one NFL "performance," be it pre-game, post-game, whatever. The NFL folks clearly know who the band is, but the criteria for performing the half-time show is likely what is keeping CT from getting that gig. You all know I want o see them do it, I haven't been keen on a selection they've made since Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played. (I was okay with The Who doing it, but after John Entwistle's passing, I felt like it wasn't really The Who). The best performance I've seen in recent years was Prince (although I'm not actually a fan of his). I hope this little petition DOES actually work, despite the harsh realities.
04-01-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 07:59 AM by BTMN.)
Yeah I agree. The NFL knows who Cheap Trick is and while we all agree, it will be tough bill to get.

Prince was HUGE!! Bruce Springsteen in Tampa was a good show. I also IMNSHO feel the Aerosmith/NSYNC/Britney/Mary J Blige/Nelly one in Tampa in 2001 was SWEET!

There is NO justice only the LAW!
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
More like "The Who??" Smile

(03-31-2012 11:51 AM)ch67 Wrote:  OK, I signed.

One positive is that CT has done more than one NFL "performance," be it pre-game, post-game, whatever. The NFL folks clearly know who the band is, but the criteria for performing the half-time show is likely what is keeping CT from getting that gig. You all know I want o see them do it, I haven't been keen on a selection they've made since Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played. (I was okay with The Who doing it, but after John Entwistle's passing, I felt like it wasn't really The Who). The best performance I've seen in recent years was Prince (although I'm not actually a fan of his). I hope this little petition DOES actually work, despite the harsh realities.

Money can't buy me love...

User(s) browsing this thread: