Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick Without Bun E. Carlos? Drummer Reacts to 'Shock' Snub
09-12-2012, 07:44 AM,
Cheap Trick Without Bun E. Carlos? Drummer Reacts to 'Shock' Snub
Interesting story... (I hope I don't get banned for this)
I prefer to listen to Cheap Trick.
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 10:22 AM by PEBA.)
RE: Cheap Trick Without Bun E. Carlos? Drummer Reacts to 'Shock' Snub
(09-12-2012, 07:44 AM)auf_wiedersehen Wrote:  http://Interesting story... (I hope I don't get banned for this)

Au revoir, Auf_Wiedersehen. You won't see another morning, you won't see another evening, good night.
Buenos noches o senor. Senorita see ya later, buenos noches, bye-bye.
09-12-2012, 10:49 AM,
(09-12-2012, 10:21 AM)PEBA Wrote:  
(09-12-2012, 07:44 AM)auf_wiedersehen Wrote:  http://Interesting story... (I hope I don't get banned for this)

Au revoir, Auf_Wiedersehen. You won't see another morning, you won't see another evening, good night.
Buenos noches o senor. Senorita see ya later, buenos noches, bye-bye.

Big Grin

Arivederci, baby.
I prefer to listen to Cheap Trick.
09-12-2012, 07:59 PM,
The band and their management may not like the public statements but no user should get banned for posting a link to a website, especially a legitimate site such as Billboard.
09-14-2012, 05:40 AM,
Makes me sad. I though I would NEVER see this happen to C.T. They are all such kind, great guys.

Let's shake hands and rock on! I miss Bun. I hope the boys can work all this out. Whatever is going on, at this point in their careers there should be NOTHING that trumps 40+ years of friendships.

Funny, I just saw Brad from Aerosmith last week on That Metal Show discuss how important it is that ALL the original members make up the band. I hope they follow Brad's advise. :-(
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM,
sorry but if they go back to 65 minute shows i won't waste my time. divorce happens move on.
why in the f$ck has cheap trick not played a headlining show
in my city of san francisco since 2003?

09-14-2012, 01:43 PM,
This is from May and doesn't seem very good.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/im-still-in-cheap-trick-i-just-dont-talk-to-them-any-more/
"The best chance you have if you want to rise to the top is to give yourself up to loneliness, fear nothing and work hard. One thing that you'll discover is life is based less then you think of what you learned and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the begining."
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM,
(09-14-2012, 11:20 AM)FRED GARVINS WIFE Wrote:  sorry but if they go back to 65 minute shows i won't waste my time. divorce happens move on.

I feel the same way. Their shows are too short as it is. Can't go back to minimum setlists.
Money can't buy me love...
09-15-2012, 03:09 AM,
(09-14-2012, 06:19 PM)1955Meg Wrote:  
(09-14-2012, 11:20 AM)FRED GARVINS WIFE Wrote:  sorry but if they go back to 65 minute shows i won't waste my time. divorce happens move on.

I feel the same way. Their shows are too short as it is. Can't go back to minimum setlists.

You think the shows are too short Meg?
F*cking hell you could have said like. Confused
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

09-15-2012, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 05:54 AM by jon wagner.)

You could always put on one of their 30+ kick-ass albums/CD's after the show.... Undecided
09-15-2012, 12:01 PM,
Father Time waits for no one, Cheap Trick included. How many years are remaining until my favorite band has to hang it up? Go see Cheap Trick while you can. Cheap Trick touring with Bun E.....GREAT! Cheap Trick touring with Daxx.....GREAT! Cheap Trick touring at all....GREAT! I miss Bun E. and wish he were out there with them but he isn't. I have seen the band a couple times with Daxx and I loved it! Yes, something is missing without the "king of the whole wide world" but at the same time, the shows rocked! I miss Bun E. and I appreciate Daxx.
Go see CT if they come to your neck of the woods either with or without Bun because... "Time is running.....tick, tick, tick".
There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM,
A very spot on assessment there, 2times! It's been a loooong time since the 70's. We are very lucky to have them still out there performing at all. Smile
Music is religion; it's a spiritual thing that transcends everything - RZ
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM,
Well, it looks like they won't be using him on their cd they are working on
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM,
That is tacky!
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM,
On one hand, it's never pleasant to have your suspicions confirmed, but on the other, at least we have an idea of what's going on. I've long thought it untenable that Bun could be "in the band" but not tour given the band's limited studio activity. That said, I hoped Daxx touring was a mutually-agreeable solution. Seems like it's not quite so agreeable to Bun. Sad.