Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Noms for 2014
10-04-2013, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 09:50 PM by VikkiB.)
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Noms for 2014
It's coming out any day now... the 2014 nominations. On a random search tonight, I found couple of interesting links that mentions the guys. Who knows.. this might just be the year. Wink

http://wncx.cbslocal.com/2013/08/27/rock...-included/

..and Rolling Stone even....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictur...ck-0560474

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere..

Music is religion; it's a spiritual thing that transcends everything - RZ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Noms for 2014
Here's another one!

http://www.examiner.com/list/rock-and-ro...heap-trick

Walk me home, honey!! Cool
10-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Just released a few days ago, I found this to be an interesting read. No mention of Cheap Trick until the posted replies however..

http://www.dailycampus.com/rock-and-roll...lFVR0nD9y1

Save to say that Trick is in the same boat with a lot of overlooked artist out there but my feeling on this subject is just this - At the end of the day, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is what it is and Cheap Trick is what it is. Though the recognition would be a nice compliment to add to the legion of things this amazing group of guys has to be proud of in their careers and accomplishments - at the end of the day they are Cheap Trick - those two words alone represent an outstanding lifetime achievement in the Rock and Roll world and music period. Anyone who knows really knows them- already knows this as well.

To be inducted would be a nice nod from the powers that be at Rock Hall but Cheap Trick has already surpassed that governing body of voters for setting the standard in Rock and Roll.

All that said, I do love to visit that place as it is full of great rock memorabilia and has several theaters inside with vintage footage of some of the Rock and Roll greats. I always leave there saying ...wow. Very interesting place to go!

But if I happened in there one day and saw Cheap Trick adorning a wall from being inducted - I would snap a picture, smile and confidently nod, before I walked away. Cool

10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
It would be typical CT luck for them to get in this year, what with the riff with Bun E...

I for one hope they do NOT get in before they have sorted out their business and Bun is back on good terms with the rest of the band so they can enter as one big happy family, the way they SHOULD be.
10-15-2013, 12:40 PM
WED

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index....ss_of.html
10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
(10-15-2013 12:40 PM)mkraft Wrote:  WED

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index....ss_of.html

I just hope they know that no matter what....there are so many people who appreciate their music. Not just hardcore fans. Most people think they should get this, but, eitherway they are great. For me the list of who is not there is just as prestgious...maybe even more so. There is no doubt they deserve this......however, there is also no doubt that they are appreciated by so many. I hope they know that. Wink

"Don't interrupt me while I am interrupting you."~ Winston Churchill
"That's the spirit Bunster f*#@ em!" ~ Darran
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2013, 09:24 PM
http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/nir...z2hqQToR3U

10-15-2013, 10:07 PM
(10-15-2013 09:24 PM)VikkiB Wrote:  http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/nir...z2hqQToR3U

I just saw that and posted it on FB. I just hope they know exactly how many people think they should be on that list and, know how much they are appreciated. It would seem the in list is still trumped by the out list. They are still the best! Wink

10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I really couldn't give a f*ck. Big Grin

★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

10-16-2013, 07:24 AM
(10-16-2013 06:15 AM)Darran Wrote:  I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I really couldn't give a f*ck. Big Grin

That's so nice Prince of Wales. Rolleyes But, yes, I think the list of people not on the list is more of an indicator of who should be on the list than the actual list. Lol! ;p

10-16-2013, 07:44 AM
(10-16-2013 07:24 AM)Calypso Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 06:15 AM)Darran Wrote:  I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I really couldn't give a f*ck. Big Grin

That's so nice Prince of Wales. Rolleyes But, yes, I think the list of people not on the list is more of an indicator of who should be on the list than the actual list. Lol! ;p

On the grand scale of things Cheap Trick I honestly don't believe it matters,it might be nice one day to get in but I doubt the band give a f*ck either.

We'll probably have the same thread next year too. Big Grin

10-16-2013, 08:04 AM
(10-16-2013 07:44 AM)Darran Wrote:  

On the grand scale of things Cheap Trick I honestly don't believe it matters,it might be nice one day to get in but I doubt the band give a f*ck either.

Well, I am sure they do not either. But, it is probably nice for them to know that there are people that think it is ashame they are not anyway. It doesn't matter for me if they in or out....or even nominated. Infact, there are a bunch of musicians I like that are not. The hall of fame is ridiculous. Believe me...... I don't spend my life worrying about this. Lol!

10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
(10-16-2013 08:04 AM)Calypso Wrote:  

Well, I am sure they do not either. But, it is probably nice for them to know that there are people that think it is ashame they are not anyway. It doesn't matter for me if they in or out....or even nominated. Infact, there are a bunch of musicians I like that are not. The hall of fame is ridiculous. Believe me...... I don't spend my life worrying about this. Lol!

That's the spirit Bunster,f*ck em. Big Grin

10-16-2013, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 08:31 AM by Calypso.)
(10-16-2013 08:15 AM)Darran Wrote:  

I like that.....I think I need to make that my motto for life in general! Big Grin

(10-16-2013 08:15 AM)Darran Wrote:  

There! I just made that qoute part of my sinature! Now it is you and Winston. Lol! Tongue
10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
The Replacements? Really?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)