Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Later With Jools Holland. - Try and get Cheap Trick on.
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM,
RE: Later With Jools Holland. - Try and get Cheap Trick on.
A new series of Later With Jools Holland has just started in the U.K. It is an extremely popular music show with a good mix of up and coming and established artists. With Cheap Trick in the country on Friday the 16th June, surely they could try and get a slot on the show. This could give a huge boost to sales of Rockford.
To the regiment. I wish I was there.
05-23-2006, 04:14 PM,

Carla has been working overtime to try to get UK media exposure, and is well aware of this show. I agree it would be a good showcase.
05-23-2006, 04:45 PM,

I've emailed this show several times in the past regarding CT and never had a reply Sad
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

05-23-2006, 05:13 PM,

I hate to be pessimistic as I would of course LOVE CT to be on UK TV to show everyone what a real band is like,but unfortunately I don't think they are hip/happening/trendy/legendary(by UK standards) enough to be on Jools Holland's show,I would love to be wrong though!
05-24-2006, 01:31 AM,

ian_trigg Wrote:I hate to be pessimistic as I would of course LOVE CT to be on UK TV to show everyone what a real band is like,but unfortunately I don't think they are hip/happening/trendy/legendary(by UK standards) enough to be on Jools Holland's show,I would love to be wrong though!
David Gilmour, Elvis Costello & Paul Simon are on this weeks show Ian ? ???
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

05-24-2006, 08:10 AM,

Anyone catch Franz Ferdinand on there the other week? Weren't they awful!
05-24-2006, 09:30 AM,

I love this show. It would be great to see CT on it one night. Still wish Jools would reunite with Squeeze, just for a short time, then he could go back to his show. Guess that will never happen... Sad
05-29-2006, 08:19 AM,

Link to page to email re getting them on.
Just done it. Big Grin

Click to email BBC
More UK dates please!
05-29-2006, 06:06 PM,

Mike Hayes Wrote:Anyone catch Franz Ferdinand on there the other week? Weren't they awful!
But that would not be a slightly biased opinion, now would it be Mike?

Span? :p
05-30-2006, 02:24 AM,

I've E-mailed them, worth a shot.
To the regiment. I wish I was there.
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM,

Cheap Trick would be perfect on Jools Holland's show. I have a great bootleg from a show where Oasis (*ducks head and runs for cover*) appeared.