Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CT snubbed again for the RoRHOF Class of '08
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
RE: CT snubbed again for the RoRHOF Class of '08
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/22/metallica-the-stooges-run-dmc-lead-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees/

:angry:

All the things we did
What's left is just a photograph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2008, 05:30 PM

Heh...I knew there'd be a post about this if I came over here. Just saw one on the Alice Cooper forum with the same sentiments about him being ignored again. Both of these acts totally deserve to be in!

Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM

I'm the king of rock. Smile

I can't hate on Run DMC. I love those guys. But I can hate on the bastards that don't nominate the likes of Alice & CT. I guess I've come to expect nothing less.

I've got a kaleidoscope of memories...

"I prefer to listen to Cheap Trick."
-Homer J. Simpson
09-22-2008, 11:47 PM

*reads list of acts that gave Jann Wenner enough of a boner to merit nomination*

Last year's list was more laughable, but still...

*tired sigh*

"Look, I didn't do it. Five years ago I had no idea I'd be here. Who are you anyway? What do you take me for? I must be dreamin'."
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM

Can you believe badfinger continues to be ignored every year??????
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

We can only hope that one of these days, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick and Badfinger are recognized for their incredible rock and roll.
These are three of the greatest rock artists ever!
The way the RARHOF inducts artists, it should just call itself the Popular Music Hall of Fame.

...hopefully soon we'll see the first few discs for the Trickology dvd editions. <<<(my dream quote)
09-25-2008, 12:23 AM

The people over at the Colbert Report had it right about the RoRHoF and Rush (it's at 4:49):
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col....ush

Big Grin

Rush Not In the HoF
09-25-2008, 11:35 PM

nice plug for the boys at Gibson Guitars...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us....d-be-in
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Awesome. And so true for many of them.
09-27-2008, 12:15 PM

What do you expect, Jann Wenner is the biggest fruitcake liberal in the world. This cupcake wouldn't know rock n' roll if it hit him in the ass, although he'd really enjoy it. :Wink:
09-27-2008, 05:49 PM

Jann Wenner.

The more bad press he reads that he gets, the more he laughs that he has so much control of the artists that get recognized with induction. You guys should just ingnore him as if he doesn't exist. One day, he'll die (yes, the turd is mortal), and someone else that (hopefully) can recognize the talent that has long been overlooked, finds the way to get them in there. The year the hall finally lets it's own industry select the candidates for admission, AND lets them vote for them, is the year that the hall gains legitimacy, in my opinion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2008, 01:26 PM

I don't think Wenner likes CT - they've never gotten much press from Rolling Stone, so I'm not shocked that he's never championed them for the HOF. The Sex Pistols were right - it's a 'piss stain' when the likes of Blondie, War and The Band are considered for the honor, but a band with the longevity and prolific output of Cheap Trick are omitted. So many bands have had to reunite for their induction - Cheap Trick would just have to show up and keep doing what they've been doing for more than 3 decades.

-------------------
Follow me on Twitter @DougGood1
09-30-2008, 03:38 PM

donplob Wrote:nice plug for the boys at Gibson Guitars...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us....d-be-in
I saw this article as well. Mats, Cooper and Cheap Trick are out. Blondie and Madonna and a bunch of other crap are in. Come on. That place gets more irrelevant every year. F them
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM

I can see inducting Madonna and maybe even Blondie, but Run DMC and Chic for 2009 before Cheap Trick or Alice? That is ridic.

(Oh) Claire
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM

it's called the rock and roll hall of fame. run dmc, madona are not rock and roll. so what's the major malfunction people?

long live cheap trick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)