Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
U2 CD - No line on the horizon
03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
RE: U2 CD - No line on the horizon
After the last 2 amazing CD'S U2 has finally released something sub par. This sounds pretty good musically..excellent production but the songs are pretty lame. I hate to say that because I love U2 but this new CD is, in my opinion, maybe a 5 out of 10. Anyone else heard it yet?

Just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I'm not a good catholic!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM

I've heard two tracks, "Boots" and another that I can't recall the name of and enjoyed them though some critics(and apparently the general public) are agreeing with you. Out here the Los Angeles Times gave the new album 3 out of 4 stars which is like the first time since I can remember they didn't warrant four stars. Also, as much as some of you may not be able to stomach this, both ColdPlay and Britney Spears sold more CD's their first week out than U2. In the mid-400,000's as compared to Brits 500,000 and Coldplay's 700,000. I am sure the reasons may be varied but the article these numbers came from questioned if U2 is "still relevant" to the under-21 buyers who are more prone to download but seemingly are willing to shell out for a full Coldplay CD.
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM

The new U2 kind of reminds me of coldplay. Big on sound small on content.

Just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I'm not a good catholic!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)