Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CT at Hard Rock Cafe Chicago - Cheap Trick to play Grand re opening
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM

$1,000 later: got a spare ticket for hubby, airline into O'Hare and first class hotel.
I'M GOING!!!! I'M GOING!!!!
RZ: look for me down in front!!!! Blush
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm going to go cry in my beer now.

Nevertheless - thanks Cheap Trick for doing this. And I'm so happy for the people that are getting to go. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm going to go cry in my beer now.

Nevertheless - thanks Cheap Trick for doing this. And I'm so happy for the people that are getting to go. Smile
05-06-2008, 05:18 PM

1955Meg Wrote:$1,000 later: got a spare ticket for hubby, airline into O'Hare and first class hotel.
Yeah, Meg I'm so much poorer now that I promised my hubby I'd get a summer job to pay for all this. It'll do me good and it's so worth it.

I like your signature - money can't buy me love but it can buy me a flight and hotel stay in Chicago to see Cheap Trick!

So everyone who's going - look for me - I'll be the small nerdy one.

Go Completely Wild!
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2008, 05:18 PM

1955Meg Wrote:$1,000 later: got a spare ticket for hubby, airline into O'Hare and first class hotel.
Yeah, Meg I'm so much poorer now that I promised my hubby I'd get a summer job to pay for all this. It'll do me good and it's so worth it.

I like your signature - money can't buy me love but it can buy me a flight and hotel stay in Chicago to see Cheap Trick!

So everyone who's going - look for me - I'll be the small nerdy one.

Go Completely Wild!
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM

1955Meg Wrote:RZ: look for me down in front!!!! Blush
Good luck with that Meg. With so many die hard fans going to this show I think EVERYONE is going to try to be down front. Big Grin

(I'm starting to feel sorry for people that just won their tickets from the radio station and aren't fans to the point that they would be on this message board. They have no idea what they're in for! Big Grin )

Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM

1955Meg Wrote:RZ: look for me down in front!!!! Blush
Good luck with that Meg. With so many die hard fans going to this show I think EVERYONE is going to try to be down front. Big Grin

(I'm starting to feel sorry for people that just won their tickets from the radio station and aren't fans to the point that they would be on this message board. They have no idea what they're in for! Big Grin )

Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM

Schureman Wrote:
1955Meg Wrote:I WON!!! WAA-HOOOOO!
Now, how to get from Maryland to Chicago and back as fast as possible.
ANY chances of getting a ticket for my husband? Traveling/etc. alone is more than a bit of a trick!
What airport do I fly into?
How far of a taxi ride is it to get to Hard Rock from the airport?
Do they have a stage? A mini stage or just a corner for the band to play in?
Any idea how long they will play?
Anyone know any of this stuff???
This is going to be awesome!!
The dancing fool is coming to town!! Tongue
Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway? You could fly Southwest into Midway and take the train into downtown.
Or one of us making the trek in from Downstate may be able to stop by and pick you up, depending on what time you get in.
O'Hare airport will do you the most good for this one. You can catch the trains right from there. You can catch a cab, but-- not unless you have to, since it's not cheap.

Call CTA and mapquest it, to be sure, but I believe the Red LIne Chicago Avenue stop is the closest to the HRC.

Or, if you can connect with the #22 Clark Street bus, that should pretty much take you to the door.

Watch out for good shopping! (Water Tower Place, etc.)

"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM

Schureman Wrote:
ANY chances of getting a ticket for my husband? Traveling/etc. alone is more than a bit of a trick!
Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway? You could fly Southwest into Midway and take the train into downtown.
Or one of us making the trek in from Downstate may be able to stop by and pick you up, depending on what time you get in.
O'Hare airport will do you the most good for this one. You can catch the trains right from there. You can catch a cab, but-- not unless you have to, since it's not cheap.

Call CTA and mapquest it, to be sure, but I believe the Red LIne Chicago Avenue stop is the closest to the HRC.

Or, if you can connect with the #22 Clark Street bus, that should pretty much take you to the door.

"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Lady Luck Wrote:
Schureman Wrote:

Forgot to add:

http://www.hardrock.com/locatio....numID=3

05-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Lady Luck Wrote:
Schureman Wrote:

Forgot to add:

http://www.hardrock.com/locatio....numID=3

05-06-2008, 06:57 PM

Lady Luck Wrote:
Schureman Wrote:

Lady Luck knows her ci-tay !!

Hello, it's me again .....
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM

Lady Luck Wrote:
Schureman Wrote:

Lady Luck knows her ci-tay !!

05-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Alliwannadoisct Wrote:I'm going to go cry in my beer now.
LOL ! I'm crying in <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>my</span> beer, and I didn't even enter my name.

05-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Alliwannadoisct Wrote:I'm going to go cry in my beer now.
LOL ! I'm crying in <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>my</span> beer, and I didn't even enter my name.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)