Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I met Brian May! - Thank You Adam!
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM,
RE: I met Brian May! - Thank You Adam!
OMG! I still can't believe it!
A very loong story...
Last night after a long day, I had to get my car out of the garage...I circled around my neighborhood and could not find a spot! I was fuming...(this whole week, I had such bad luck with parking)...anyhoo, I had the radio on, and an announcement came on that said"If you want to meet Brian May, go to Barnes and Noble in Tribeca" I froze...called my friend Cathy, no answer...then called Adam, luckily he was by his computer, and told me where it was, Greenwich and Warren Sts., in translation...THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH! I was on my street, E 79th, jumped on the FDR and flew all the way down...it was west of the Trade Centers...made it there in 23 minutes! I miraculously found a parking spot 2 blocks away...ran like a nut to Barnes and Nobles :p ...when I got there, I said, did I miss it? the woman said NO! Phew! I bought the book, it's a beauty, and caught the last 5 minutes of his 3D presentation...when I saw him, I had tears in my eyes...I couldn't believe it!
He took a short break, then came out for a book signing...we all sang Happy Birthday to him, (his Bday is the 19th!)
He is such a kind, gentle soul,when it was my turn, I was so calm, I was able to speak!LOL! I told him I've been a fan since '76, and that he was my Ultimate Guitar Hero! (Sorry Rick, you're #2!) Blush He said to me Wow, since 76! So sweet, sorry to disappoint you, I didn't play guitar tonite! I said I'm not diappointed! The woman at Barnes and Nobles said to Brian, what a nice accent...(my Mass accent) he agreed...I looked puzzled, thinking me? He's the one with the cool British accent! :love: I was on a cloud!
I still can't believe it, I thought I'd never be able to meet him! I never saw Queen with Freddie...only saw them with Paul Rodgers...I remember I had a seat close to the Catwalk, and Brian May was right there, playing in front of me...I was crying like a baby! LOL! I'm teary eyed writing this! drunken_smilie1.gif
What a nice way to end my hectic day at work, and a great way to end my Rock n Roll week! Meow! icon_sunny.gif

He'll be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art tonight (my neighborhood), and in Los Angeles next week!
Thanks Adam, for giving me directions, you ROCK!
icon_king.gif
Have a great weekend everyone! icon_queen.gif
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

07-23-2010, 12:10 PM,

Very cool! Glad you made it there in time (kudos to Adam for the directions, too). Brian May rocks! I love his guitar work, especially the riff on The Miracle (Queen's "The Miracle, not CT's song).
Yay for you!
[Image: ahdn_paul_10.gif]"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" [Image: ahdn_paul_07.gif]
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM,

Cool beans!!! I saw them with Paul also. But even better was his solo tour in 1993. It was incredible!!! I think I bought one of everything from that show. Black short sleeved t-shirt, white long sleeve embroidered shirt with 2 buttons, and an imitation sixpence with his face and the year on it. I think he used a real one when he started playing guitar. What was really cool was, he actually stopped at a guitar factory in my (at the time) home town. I think he was planning to have a Guild Brian May signiture guitar made there. Anyone know if this ever happened??? ???
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM,

Thanks! I took some pics, but not with him...I looked like hell, no makeup, and my hair...you'd think I was electrocuted! LOL! r-n-r

Cool! Nice story Monsters! Smile
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

07-23-2010, 12:23 PM,

ZIZI1966 Wrote:OMG! I still can't believe it!
A very loong story...
Last night after a long day, I had to get my car out of the garage...I circled around my neighborhood and could not find a spot! I was fuming...(this whole week, I had such bad luck with parking)...anyhoo, I had the radio on, and an announcement came on that said"If you want to meet Brian May, go to Barnes and Noble in Tribeca" I froze...called my friend Cathy, no answer...then called Adam, luckily he was by his computer, and told me where it was, Greenwich and Warren Sts., in translation...THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH! I was on my street, E 79th, jumped on the FDR and flew all the way down...it was west of the Trade Centers...made it there in 23 minutes! I miraculously found a parking spot 2 blocks away...ran like a nut to Barnes and Nobles :p ...when I got there, I said, did I miss it? the woman said NO! Phew! I bought the book, it's a beauty, and caught the last 5 minutes of his 3D presentation...when I saw him, I had tears in my eyes...I couldn't believe it!
He took a short break, then came out for a book signing...we all sang Happy Birthday to him, (his Bday is the 19th!)
He is such a kind, gentle soul,when it was my turn, I was so calm, I was able to speak!LOL! I told him I've been a fan since '76, and that he was my Ultimate Guitar Hero! (Sorry Rick, you're #2!) Blush He said to me Wow, since 76! So sweet, sorry to disappoint you, I didn't play guitar tonite! I said I'm not diappointed! The woman at Barnes and Nobles said to Brian, what a nice accent...(my Mass accent) he agreed...I looked puzzled, thinking me? He's the one with the cool British accent! :love: I was on a cloud!
I still can't believe it, I thought I'd never be able to meet him! I never saw Queen with Freddie...only saw them with Paul Rodgers...I remember I had a seat close to the Catwalk, and Brian May was right there, playing in front of me...I was crying like a baby! LOL! I'm teary eyed writing this! drunken_smilie1.gif
What a nice way to end my hectic day at work, and a great way to end my Rock n Roll week! Meow! icon_sunny.gif

He'll be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art tonight (my neighborhood), and in Los Angeles next week!
Thanks Adam, for giving me directions, you ROCK!
icon_king.gif
Have a great weekend everyone! icon_queen.gif
Thats a fantastic story Cathi. Smile

We could have met Brian May a couple of months ago but we had a prior engagement.
He drove down from London to speak up against the planned cull of thousands of Welsh badgers to curb bovine TB.He took loads of time out to speak to and have photos with everyone waiting outside the courthouse.
Brians battle for Welsh badgers.

That was the end of March then last week the cull was halted so Brian will be pleased.
Judges halt Welsh badger cull.

Brian May is a very nice man. icon_queen.gif
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

07-23-2010, 12:38 PM,

Ok, I found some info on his Guild guitar. The factory was in my old town of Westerly RI. It's been closed now for quite some time.

http://www.brianmaycentral.net/guild.html
07-23-2010, 12:51 PM,

Btw, I did see Queen once...it was The Game tour (1980, I think). The ticket (which I still have) was $12.50. :p
[Image: ahdn_paul_10.gif]"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" [Image: ahdn_paul_07.gif]
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM,

That's so totally cool icon_cheers.gif I would have had to do the 'We're not worthy!' thing with him; one of my guitar idols (next to Rick of course) rockon.png.gif Was fortunate enough to see them w/Freddie 3 times; first in '77 'Day At The Races' tour with Thin Lizzy. That did it for me; no one except CT could match them live icon_king.gif Glad to hear that; cheers>
Mack Axyzz

'It was a real fine line now you changed my life around'
'I love me some CT; those MFs is dope'
07-23-2010, 05:11 PM,

Awesome Cathi!!!! I am so happy for you. It's not everyday you get to meet Brian May!!! icon_queen.gif icon_cheers.gif
Xo~My World Is In A Spin, You Want To Come On In~oX
07-26-2010, 08:03 AM,

That is so cool! I was a huge Queen fan since the Bohemian Rhapsody days. One of my first official shows was the Day at the Races tour with Thin Lizzy opening for them. Ticket cost: $7.50Smile I never got to meet him unfortunately. I did however score some of his sixpences years later from his roadie at the time (who was trying to pick me and my friend up-we were 15 at the time). I still have them in a little jewelry box. Saw the solo show at the Beacon whenever that was. I remember we had a big snow the day before and called to make sure the show was still on. Smile
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM,

So happy to help! Smile
Life is oh so much better when you're looking forward to seeing Cheap Trick!

"Haaaay, it's me again"
07-26-2010, 05:36 PM,

ZIZI1966 Wrote:Thanks! I took some pics, but not with him...I looked like hell, no makeup, and my hair...you'd think I was electrocuted! LOL! r-n-r
Oh, please---I'm sure he thought you were lovely. Great story, Cathi! I'll bet he was totally charming. He hosted a PBS special on Queen here in L.A. last year and had all the women in the studio gushing and blushing.

I saw Queen several times "back in the day" (yeah, the tickets were around $5-7.50) and still have those gorgeous programs from the shows. Those really were the good ol' days. I sure miss Freddie.
...turned the door and I opened the key...thanks to four great guys and three great chords! http://www.alegacyofthepacific.com
07-26-2010, 07:48 PM,

What a thrill of a lifetime! That is so cool.
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
07-27-2010, 10:07 AM,

Just think, if you had found a parking spot right away, you would have missed the opportunity. Karma. icon_batman.gif
"Standing on the edge, and watching my life flash by...."
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM,

Look what I just found whilst searching through my computer. Big Grin

A very nice photo! icon_queen.gif
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★