Poll: Best Theme Park In America. - Hey, Blame Piano Nerd, I'm Easily Lead..
WALT DISNEY WORLD (Florida)
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (Orlando)
CEDAR POINT (Sandusky)
BUSCH GARDENS (Tampa)
SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE (NJ)
DISNEYLAND (Anaheim)
KINGS ISLAND (Cincinnati)
SEAWORLD (Orlando)
CONEY ISLAND (Brooklyn)
OTHER (Please State)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Theme Park In America. - Hey, Blame Piano Nerd, I'm Easily Lead..
05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
RE: Best Theme Park In America. - Hey, Blame Piano Nerd, I'm Easily Lead..
:unclesam: So which is your favourite American theme park? Others include Hershey Park, Kennywood, Legoland, Kings Dominion, Wildwood, Dollywood and let us not forget SESAME PLACE!

To the regiment. I wish I was there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM

What? We are only chosing from American theme parks?? How can we forget those gems in England like the one in Bognor Regis?
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM

Hey there Rick-T-C. Boy you don't take much persuading LOL!!! I voted for Universal Studios because that's one I actually went to, and I had a blast there.

Go Completely Wild!
05-13-2008, 07:34 PM

I vote Magic Mountain in Newhall, Calif., which is an hour north of LA.

Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
05-14-2008, 07:53 PM

I choose Cedar Point because of their coaster collection, but I also like the Disney conglomeration of parks.
The Six Flags we have here in Illinois isn't too bad. I also visited the one near St. Louis and that one north of L.A. in the late 80's. It had a nice wooden coaster then, is it still there ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2008, 12:08 AM

I picked Cedar Point. I went there 2 times and liked they weren't as busy as Six Flags in Gurnee and their coasters were awesome. Plus, the Peanuts connection rocks too.
05-15-2008, 06:18 AM

penguingirl Wrote:... the Peanuts connection ...
I didn't visit that amusement park inside that big-ass mall near Minneapolis until after camp Snoopy was disbanded. I had always imagined it to be really huge until I actually went there. They're still there with all the same rides, just no tie-in to the Peanuts gang.

Another couple of places I visited before they disappeared -
Old Chicago. I could see that place from my Uncle's backyard in Lemont Illinois. One of the earliest indoor parks, and some part of one of the "Omen" movies was filmed there.
Riverview. A Chicago area park going way back. Cool rollercoasters then, tho tame comparable to todays average ride.
Adventureland. A park in the woods somewhere near Addison Illinois that managed to get a ride or two from Riverview when it closed.
Santa's Village. That place was really getting run down, but it was sad to see it go.

Some of you will remember those places ! ???
05-15-2008, 06:30 AM

I have a Cedar Point sweatshirt from my first trip there. Aren't they affiliated with the Peanuts gang anymore? I haven't been there for like 10 years, so it may have gone away when the Mall of America Camp Snoopy went away. My shirt is now priceless.
05-15-2008, 06:33 AM

I had to go look some stuff up :

Old Chicago
Riverview
Adventureland
Santa's village
05-15-2008, 06:36 AM

penguingirl Wrote:I have a Cedar Point sweatshirt from my first trip there. Aren't they affiliated with the Peanuts gang anymore? I haven't been there for like 10 years, so it may have gone away when the Mall of America Camp Snoopy went away. My shirt is now priceless.
It's been almost ten years since my visit too. I can't remember if I saw Peanuts stuff or not. If I can find my photo prints, maybe I can see something ?
05-15-2008, 07:02 AM

Tricked In 76 II Wrote:I had to go look some stuff up :

Old Chicago
Riverview
Adventureland
Santa's village
Yep, I remember 'em.
It was a big big deal when Riverview was closing down.

My favorite entertainment from the past includes the drive-in theaters we went to as kids .. and teens .. and parents. I'd still like to go to the one we have nearby just for the heck of it.

Hello, it's me again .....
05-15-2008, 08:49 AM

Yea, the drive-ins . . . . Can't say that I remember much of any movie I went there for . . . . :Wink:
05-15-2008, 09:29 AM

You mean they had movies, too ? Blush

Hello, it's me again .....
05-21-2008, 05:06 PM

I voted for Cedar Point because that's the last one I've been too, Disney I don't really consider an amusement park per say Disney is in a whole other ball park IMO, Disney World is the best but just for coasters I'll take Cedar Point.
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM

I voted other for Disney's Animal Kingdom...nothing else like it! Smile

~Here she comes...Miss Tooooommooorrroooowww~

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)