Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Counterfeit Rick Picks
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
RE: Counterfeit Rick Picks
This is NOT a Rick Nielsen pick - he is obviously making his own and selling them as "original" items. Please do not buy any items from this seller!

A note from Rick:
#1. I never had a Crackled Pearl Pick
#2. Does not say Las Vegas
#3. States as being Original
#4. And not only this pick on eBay, there are others....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up Webby (and Rick). Good to have the word from someone who knows! icon_thumleft.gif

Go Completely Wild!
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM

Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:This is NOT a Rick Nielsen pick - he is obviously making his own and selling them as "original" items. Please do not buy any items from this seller!

A note from Rick:
There's been a few of these twats around over the years,thanks for the heads up. icon_thumleft.gif

★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

12-12-2010, 09:53 PM

While it's obviously not a sgt. pepper pick, I have to disagree that he hasn't had a pick like that. It's not pearl. It's one of the translucent ones, but when you put them against a black or white surface, they look pearlish like that.

here's pictures of one of mine that look just like it and i have never got rick's picks anywhere but from concerts, I'd never pay for one.

front

back

I also heard from a friend that at some of the earlier vegas shows there weren't special picks, that is just hearsay though.

Either way, there are TONS of fake rick picks on ebay, I remember seeing a lot from the hollywood bowl shows pop up because the guy had tons of them and there was no way he got that many and he'd just keep re-listing more once they sold so it was quite obvious.

Ace is Back and he told you so!
12-12-2010, 10:09 PM

Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:This is NOT a Rick Nielsen pick - he is obviously making his own and selling them as "original" items. Please do not buy any items from this seller!

A note from Rick:
So much for the "top seller" rating then, huh!

(Oh) Claire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)