Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window Stickers - Better Than Bumper Stickers
02-12-2011, 07:13 PM
RE: Window Stickers - Better Than Bumper Stickers
Why no window stickers for cars etc? Stick on the inside of glass, much better.

"Vambo Rool OK!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM

That's a great idea! I need one! Smile

Money can't buy me love...
02-14-2011, 11:55 AM

I've bought some of the stickers they've offered, but I'd definitely be in for some window clings!
02-14-2011, 05:14 PM

A few black & white logos on the back screen would look great.

"Vambo Rool OK!"
02-23-2011, 09:18 AM

How about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cheap-T....00f9592

[Image: th_IMG_120.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM

dextershrill Wrote:Why no window stickers for cars etc? Stick on the inside of glass, much better.
I like this idea. Hope it catches on.

Yeah!ILikeCheapTrick
http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?a...de=D790907
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Suppose we could get them made ourselves or is that copyright infringement? dontknow.gif

"Vambo Rool OK!"
03-30-2011, 03:32 AM

dextershrill Wrote:Suppose we could get them made ourselves or is that copyright infringement? dontknow.gif
It is copyright infringement. If you don't own the copyright or trademark on a logo or whatnot, it is a violation of whomever holds the copyright or trademark. So, legally, you could not have them made.

I tried to get a baseball cap made with a logo on it that I thought was cool (not anything Cheap Trick) and the guy who owned the embroidery company said I had to have a letter on company letterhead, signed by the CEO, notarized, the whole bit, before he'd make the thing for me. It was just a one-off deal, but he was so afraid that the work would be traced back to him and he'd get fined like crazy that he absolutely refused.

I bought some of the stickers off the web site and stuck them on my rear windshield, I just protected the top layer of the sticker with a good, heavy duty car wax and it has held both the stickers up just fine. (One is the '77 album cover sticker, the other the circular CT logo sticker). They both look great after a couple of years on the car in the CA sunshine.
10-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I know that I would purchase a few of them
11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Come On, Come On........... how difficult is it to get these made??? My car is tired of waiting to endorse and advertise the best band in the world!

"Vambo Rool OK!"
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
The ones on ebay are not authorized by the band or they would be available in the store. I would like to see the original logo. I would think these would sell quite well. The ones on ebay look pretty good as well with the double stacked logo.

Hell, one would look good one Ricks T-bird!

Hamerica
01-06-2013, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 05:16 PM by OrangeSkullz.)
I always find it remarkable how someone can apply a $2.00 sticker on the bumper of a $20,000 car and think thats COOL.

Vinyl Die-cut lettering on your rear window glass people .... or maybe on the pickguard of your new guitar, LOL

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432...cba240.jpg
01-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Will the store get round to getting this done or is it too difficult? Does anyone take any notice of suggestions on the boards?

"Vambo Rool OK!"
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Never was a fan of the Grateful Dead, but the way they market their trademarks was/is the "Holy Grail" of the art of merchandising a band and it's image.
03-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Would be extremely fan friendly to open the vaults and release shows from different eras. In fact do like the Dead and sell them while the fanbase is alive to buy them. The band would make more money than Midas if they were to release a particularly hot show quarterly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)