Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Christgau.... Album Ratings On Cheap Trick....
08-07-2011, 01:12 AM,
Robert Christgau.... Album Ratings On Cheap Trick....
I Came Across A Album Rater On Cheap Trick First Albums.... Is It Me Or IS This Guy Not Like Cheap Trick.... Seems To Me He Isn't (The Way I'm Reading It)...

Robert Chrisgau
"We Could Be Doing The Mondo Ragga"
08-07-2011, 03:26 AM,
RE: Robert Christgau.... Album Ratings On Cheap Trick....
Let me tell you something about Robert Christgau- he is without a doubt one of the WORST rock and roll critics I have ever come across, bar none. At least people like Dave Marsh, who I agree with about 50%, did have some reasoning and logic behind his views. If you trace rock criticism back to the Beatles, particularly their earlier albums, they received high marks for coming up with great melodies and original music. This is the same thing that groups such as ELO and Cheap Trick came up with, yet they are dismissed by some of the rock critics as derivative or afterthoughts. Bullcrap. Christgau's opinions on music are about as valuable as my cocker spaniel's critiques on art.
Woke Up With a Monster. Cheap Trick 1997. Special One. Rockford. The Latest. 5 classics in a row. Can't wait for #6!!
08-07-2011, 11:31 AM,
(08-07-2011, 03:26 AM)ddorotik Wrote:  Let me tell you something about Robert Christgau- he is without a doubt one of the WORST rock and roll critics I have ever come across, bar none. At least people like Dave Marsh, who I agree with about 50%, did have some reasoning and logic behind his views. If you trace rock criticism back to the Beatles, particularly their earlier albums, they received high marks for coming up with great melodies and original music. This is the same thing that groups such as ELO and Cheap Trick came up with, yet they are dismissed by some of the rock critics as derivative or afterthoughts. Bullcrap. Christgau's opinions on music are about as valuable as my cocker spaniel's critiques on art.

I Mean Who Puts 2 Ugly Guys In A Description About Someone... Real Professional!!! NOT
"We Could Be Doing The Mondo Ragga"
08-12-2011, 02:58 PM,
It's not that bad. He was pretty accurate with Lap of Luxury and Busted.
Over and over, we flatten the clover