Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
set list - Cheap Trick's Dream Police - Los Angeles - 9/23/11
09-24-2011, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 12:59 AM by Cheap Trick Webmaster.)
set list - Cheap Trick's Dream Police - Los Angeles - 9/23/11
Stop This Game (feat. Mind Choir)
Heaven Tonight (feat. Orchestra)
Dream Police
Way of the World
The House is Rockin'
Gonna Raise Hell
I'll Be With You Tonight
Voices
Writing on the Wall
I Know What I Want
Need Your Love
High Priest of Rhythmic Noise
I Want Be Man
The Flame
Stop This Game
California Man
If You Want My Love
Sick Man of Europe
World's Greatest Lover
Mandocello/Ain't That a Shame/Smile
I Want You to Want Me
Surrender
09-24-2011, 12:33 AM,
RE: set list - Cheap Trick's Dream Police - Los Angeles - 9/23/11
Very nice list...and a taste of what's to come in Milwaukee!!!!!!!!
Are there any pictures to post, Webmaster? Smile
09-24-2011, 12:54 AM,
Magnificent. Heart
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

09-24-2011, 01:08 AM,
Wow, what a terrific show. Lots of energy from the band and the audience. Thanks to Tricktoria for getting me the seats. I heard I was sitting near you Budokansana, sorry we didn't meet up.
Anyway, as you can see by the setlist, it was a fun, nostalgic show. The band sounded as fresh tonight as they did in 1979. Although the way they displayed old photos in the background gave the impression this was a "farewell tour," Rick made sure to say "see you next year." Smile
09-24-2011, 01:12 AM,
Can't wait for Milwaukee! Four weeks from tonight Cool
"You're Takin' Me Back"
09-24-2011, 01:26 AM,
Best set list ever!!! There was something very special about this concert tonight. The acoustics were amazing, the weather was perfect and the crowd was really into it. Every time I see CT, I think it's the best, but tonight was the absolute best. There was a sign saying this was being recorded for entertainment purposes. I hope they plan to release it as a DVD. I took a picture of the stage two hours before the concert started and was told right away that no cameras were allowed, although during the concert, I saw a lot of cameras but didn't dare bring mine out again, though I would have loved a picture of the finale. It will be hard to sleep tonight, the excitement of it all is still with me! Thank you, once again, Cheap Trick for the wonderful night. Who knows where the next stop on your tour will take me, but I'm forever ready for more CT!!
Walk me home, honey!! Cool
09-24-2011, 02:51 AM,
I agree, this was really special tonight. Most of the time I see them at HOB in Hollywood or Anaheim or two years ago at the Belly Up in San Diego which are all small and great places. There was something about the big crowd tonight and all of the energy from the crowd that really made it special. I have been going to see Cheap Trick since 1979 and have seen them many many times but tonight was the best! Stop This Game right into California Man, All of those great songs from Dream Police, a few surprises, the whole thing was just amazing and incredibly memorable.
09-24-2011, 05:33 AM,
Splendid. Heart
[/u]
[Image: th_IMG_120.jpg]
09-24-2011, 06:36 AM,
Superb set list!
Great extra tracks (Stop This Game, Heaven Tonight, World's greatest Lover....).
I'd be curious to listen to the Mandocello/Ain't That A Shame/Smile medley. Soon on youtube I hope.
I don't like living in this fleshy human shell
As much as I abuse it it's really gone to hell
09-24-2011, 08:01 AM,
Holy smokes! That a setlist and a half!
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

09-24-2011, 08:31 AM,
(09-24-2011, 12:54 AM)Darran Wrote:  Magnificent. Heart

Absolutely.Heart

Thanks for posting Webmaster. I would've loved to have been at this show!
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

09-24-2011, 09:12 AM,
Fantastic. I'm working on a Milwaukee show now - hope it works out because I really want to see this show!
The more I think about, the less that it matters; the less I think about, the more that it matters...
09-24-2011, 04:00 PM,
Some nice pictures on FB!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/cheaptrick
09-24-2011, 10:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 10:42 PM by Oh Karr.)
http://soundcheck.ocregister.com/2011/09/24/cheap-trick-roars-through-dream-police-at-greek/62643/

Check out the nice review in the orange country register the last line is my favorite!!!!!! <33

Awesome show! The band always leaves a last impression on me. I may try & make a Milwaukee show, one of the joys of working for a major airline.
Traveling to see Cheap Trick!
Keep Music LIVE
09-24-2011, 11:40 PM,
Yeah, that is a good review. He did point out a few miscues by Robin, but we'll cut our favorite singer some slack because he recovered well and found his place again in those songs.
There's no forgiveness when your soul is sold.