Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CT on Jeopardy!
10-31-2011, 11:08 PM,
CT on Jeopardy!
On tonight's "Jeopardy," one topic was "Trick Or Treat," so up pops a great photo of Rick with the checkerboard 5-neck---very cool! The end credits thanked Rick and Cheap Trick for the use of the photo. I love this kind of publicity!
...turned the door and I opened the key...thanks to four great guys and three great chords! http://www.alegacyofthepacific.com
11-01-2011, 05:00 AM,
RE: CT on Jeopardy!
Heck yeah!
11-01-2011, 12:15 PM,
Daggone it! I wish that I had seen that episode! I would have flipped out!!
I love it when one of their songs is suddenly on the tv, too!
Money can't buy me love...
11-01-2011, 02:53 PM,
I was at my Dad's house and he knew who Rick was. I was so proud Smile
11-01-2011, 08:10 PM,
(11-01-2011, 02:53 PM)bettyski Wrote:  I was at my Dad's house and he knew who Rick was. I was so proud Smile

I missed seing the stage collapse on the news but a couple of weeks later Mum told me all about it, good to see we have warped their minds
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
11-01-2011, 09:53 PM,
Music  RE: CT on Jeopardy!
I was watching yesterday...and I kept thinking they HAVE got to have a CT question in there! Cool
"You're Takin' Me Back"
11-01-2011, 11:21 PM,
(11-01-2011, 09:53 PM)Dawn9 Wrote:  I was watching yesterday...and I kept thinking they HAVE got to have a CT question in there! Cool

I said the same thing when the category came up: "Now wouldn't it be great if they included a Cheap Trick clue?" Yes, yes, yes!!!

...turned the door and I opened the key...thanks to four great guys and three great chords! http://www.alegacyofthepacific.com
11-02-2011, 01:13 PM,
None of us saw it - what was the answer/question, specifically? "Who is Rick?"
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM,
(11-01-2011, 08:10 PM)Writing On The Board Wrote:  
(11-01-2011, 02:53 PM)bettyski Wrote:  I was at my Dad's house and he knew who Rick was. I was so proud Smile

I missed seing the stage collapse on the news but a couple of weeks later Mum told me all about it, good to see we have warped their minds

Yeah, it is good when we can warp their minds. My mom's actually going to DP this weekend...should be interesting LOL
11-03-2011, 12:10 AM,
(11-02-2011, 01:13 PM)Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:  None of us saw it - what was the answer/question, specifically? "Who is Rick?"

In the category "'Trick' Or 'Treat,'" the answer read something like "This group's guitarist, Rick Nielsen (seen here), performs on his signature five-neck guitar." (Sorry--I accidentally deleted it before putting it on DVD, darn it). The wording of the question was only seen momentarily because they switched to the photo as Alex started reading it. Needless to say, we were screaming and cheering at the time and didn't need to hear the clue...! (I'll snag the clip when it reruns later in the season)
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM by Debbie Lowe.)
Oooh I had the episode DVR'd because I was out town for a few days on business. Just watched it last night but deleted it when the show was over. (I hadn't seen this thread yet so it was a surprise when the picture of Rick came up...yay!) Rickrox had it right; the answer was a picture of Rick holding a 5-neck guitar and the contestants had to name the band. Thank goodness someone got it right. I remember once there was a category called "Big in Japan" and one of the answers was "This rock band catapulted to fame after they played in Tokyo and released their 'Live at Budokan' album". One of the contestants guessed The Rolling Stones and the other two didn't even try at all. Pathetic!!
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
11-04-2011, 12:20 AM,
(11-03-2011, 05:49 PM)Debbie Lowe Wrote:  Oooh I had the episode DVR'd because I was out town for a few days on business. Just watched it last night but deleted it when the show was over. (I hadn't seen this thread yet so it was a surprise when the picture of Rick came up...yay!) Rickrox had it right; the answer was a picture of Rick holding a 5-neck guitar and the contestants had to name the band. Thank goodness someone got it right. I remember once there was a category called "Big in Japan" and one of the answers was "This rock band catapulted to fame after they played in Tokyo and released their 'Live at Budokan' album". One of the contestants guessed The Rolling Stones and the other two didn't even try at all. Pathetic!!

I remember that one! How bad off can anyone over the age of 30 be that they don't associate Cheap Trick with the Budokan?! Amazing that no one got it...
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM,
(11-03-2011, 05:49 PM)Debbie Lowe Wrote:  Oooh I had the episode DVR'd because I was out town for a few days on business. Just watched it last night but deleted it when the show was over. (I hadn't seen this thread yet so it was a surprise when the picture of Rick came up...yay!) Rickrox had it right; the answer was a picture of Rick holding a 5-neck guitar and the contestants had to name the band. Thank goodness someone got it right. I remember once there was a category called "Big in Japan" and one of the answers was "This rock band catapulted to fame after they played in Tokyo and released their 'Live at Budokan' album". One of the contestants guessed The Rolling Stones and the other two didn't even try at all. Pathetic!!

so, maybe since you dvr'd it, you could put it on youtube for the rest of us.
READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM,
(07-29-2012, 01:20 PM)radiolover Wrote:  

I don't have it anymore since I deleted it right after I watched the show. Also, this was from like 9 months ago so I wouldn't have it now anyways. Sorry!
Debbie Lowe
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM,
(07-29-2012, 01:20 PM)radiolover Wrote:  

I don't have it anymore since I deleted it right after I watched the show. Also, this was from like 9 months ago so I wouldn't have it now anyways. Sorry!
Debbie Lowe