Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tribute night in Osnabruck, Germany - now Friday 27 Jan
01-31-2012, 12:24 PM,
RE: Tribute night in Osnabruck, Germany - now Friday 27 Jan
Very nice photos Jørn,I especially like this one and it was very good of you to obtain a wide angle lens to be able to get the two guys on the end next to the blonde bird in the photo. Big Grin
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

02-01-2012, 05:20 AM,
We are still glowing in admiration and appreciation of the show on Friday night it really was wonderful............the level of musician-ship was first class (perhaps apart from the extra backing singer on Surrender !! Big Grin )

Accordingly I've come up with some tribute band names they could've used:

Jorn Again

Standing Osna Edge

Herr Von Tonight

Ooh Ya Ya Ya

Reich Out

Kai Can't Take It

Woke Up With A Munster

~ "Jump in my love car - Don't have to go very far" ~

02-01-2012, 04:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM by kgisborne.)
Thanks to Jorn for posting up the teaser of a few of the photo's I took at last Fridays Tribute Show in Germany.

For anyone who may be interested in reading my review of the show (and of my trip) and/or see many more of my pictures, please click HERE

The review starts about halfway down the page.

Back to lurking.

Kim
(They persecute me right here in Leeds, England)
(02-01-2012, 05:20 AM)imalondonctman Wrote:  We are still glowing in admiration and appreciation of the show on Friday night it really was wonderful............the level of musician-ship was first class (perhaps apart from the extra backing singer on Surrender !! Big Grin )

Accordingly I've come up with some tribute band names they could've used:

Jorn Again

Standing Osna Edge

Herr Von Tonight

Ooh Ya Ya Ya

Reich Out

Kai Can't Take It

Woke Up With A Munster

Nice one Roger! As I was writing my Review, I kept having to use the term "the musicians" as they didn't actually give themselves a name. I had to shorten the stage intro too because of that!

Oh, and I agree with you that the extra backing singer for "Surrender" really dragged down the level of musicianship! That must never be allowed to happen again!

Kim
(They persecute me right here in Leeds, England)
02-02-2012, 04:00 AM,
@Roger: Yep- some very cool and witty suggestions... Cool
My favourite probably is "Herr Von Tonight"- sounds too funny!

Again thank you Roger- we too absolutely appreciated your support.

@Kim: Many thanks for your kind words and the review on you web site.
A great read - as always! We are glad you seem to have liked it- the fact that you were there with us made it a very special night and I am sure we all have some nice, happy, funny, extraordinary memories to treasure...
Thank you for your help- you are very welcome to come back again- ANYTIME!

@ Schlichtl: Yes, the concert has been filmed (semi-professional). I am myself curious about the result and will gladly share a youtube link as soon as it is being "produced". Since the audio has been recorded separately -to get a better result- it has to be edited together. (I never know how these things work...)

For the gear-maniacs, guitarists, musicians or anyone else who is maybe interested:

We tried to capture the Cheap Trick-live-feeling to make the songs sounding as close to the original as possible by using the following equipment:

-3 (vintage) Hamer guitars, (sorry, don´t know exact model type) including the blonde 12 string model- exactly the same model as used by Robin Zander.
- (B.C.Rich?) acrylic Mockingbird
- Rivera checkerboard Rick Nielsen Signature guitar combo

- 2 Gibson Les Pauls
- Vintage ES 330
- 80´s Fender Telecaster
- vintage `75 Marshall (plexi) head

- Waterstone TP-12, Tom Petersson signature 12-string bass
- (Mike Lull equipped-) vintage Thunderbird bass
- vintage `79 Hiwatt DR103 head, `72 Hiwatt 4x12 cabinet

- vintage 60´s Ludwig Snare drum

[Image: th_IMG_120.jpg]