Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick Opening for Aerosmith Summer Tour
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM,
RE: Cheap Trick Opening for Aerosmith Summer Tour
Didn't one of the online articles say another band will be on the bill, Uncle Cracker or something? If so, that does not bode well for Cheap Trick doing an hour set. 40-45 min more likely. I sure hope it's just Cheap Trick and Aerosmith.
03-24-2012, 06:35 PM,
(03-24-2012, 05:51 PM)rmartinez Wrote:  Didn't one of the online articles say another band will be on the bill, Uncle Cracker or something? If so, that does not bode well for Cheap Trick doing an hour set. 40-45 min more likely. I sure hope it's just Cheap Trick and Aerosmith.

i'm pretty sure that was only the salmon festival concert in canada.

why in the f$ck has cheap trick not played a headlining show
in my city of san francisco since 2003?

03-24-2012, 11:19 PM,
I would rather see them open for KISS this summer than Aerosmith... But that's just me speaking.
03-26-2012, 07:18 AM,
No desire to see Aerosmith, and especially in the dead of summer. All this does is guarantee you having to pay over $100 to see Cheap Trick. No thanks, I'll patiently wait for the tour to play out, and to see my favorite band again in more up-close-and-personal venues.

Besides, why would I want to pay an exorbitant amount of cabbage to see an American Idol judge sing?
Party at the "Unofficial" Cheap Trick Chatroom NOW!
http://chptrkchat.741.com/chptrkchat.html
03-26-2012, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 08:23 AM by MusicIneverheard.)
Bo (92.5) gave away tickets this morning for the CHEAP TRICK/Aerosmith Dallas show on JULY 28 (Sat. night). Tickets for this show go on sale to the public this Fri. (3/30) thru Live Nation.
I'm not crazy, just misunderstood...
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM,
I really want to see my boys (and I haven't seen Aerosmith for a long time, either)...but the Hollywood Bowl? Again?! Yuck! I've already seen both bands there multiple times...and I really hate that venue. The kid sis has a long-standing membership with Aeroforce One, though, so we mght try our luck there...
...turned the door and I opened the key...thanks to four great guys and three great chords! http://www.alegacyofthepacific.com
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM,
No, thank you. Saw Aerosmith once, worst show I'd ever seen in my life (at the time...they have since been topped, or bottomed.) Not paying arena prices for 45 minutes of CT.

Glad for CT, in that they get to (presumably) make some good $ and play for large crowds. When they're done with that, be glad to see them headline!
03-26-2012, 04:38 PM,
No Albuquerque date on this tour, I sure am glad CT did a headlining show here last week! And I am glad I went!! Smile
03-26-2012, 07:05 PM,
(03-26-2012, 04:03 PM)bbison Wrote:  No, thank you. Saw Aerosmith once, worst show I'd ever seen in my life (at the time...they have since been topped, or bottomed.) Not paying arena prices for 45 minutes of CT.

Glad for CT, in that they get to (presumably) make some good $ and play for large crowds. When they're done with that, be glad to see them headline!

Yes, I do hope they make substantial money. Hell, Tom and Robin need to put their kids through college!!! Actually, I noticed the "Likes" for the CT Facebook page went over 300,000 on FB. It was 250,000ish late last year. News of the tour most definitely pushed them past the 300,000 mark. I pay attention to these silly things.
04-01-2012, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM by Troy.)
just got my tix for 6/18 @ the Q in cleveland...4 seats, lower bowl....360 including all fees...never seen aerosmith...saw cheap trick last summer in detroit, taking my girls to the show...really looking forward 2 it!
my bad 6/19!
04-02-2012, 08:33 AM,
I don't know how old your girls are, but tyler has a very foul mouth, so you know. CT usually keep it pretty clean, but not aero, every other word starts with f in their banter, which they have too much of anyway.
READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM,
thanx for the heads up............they are all in their 20's......started taking them 2 trick shows when they were kid, kind of cool as a family tradition
04-03-2012, 02:14 AM,
Yeah there's no need for swearing on stage Mr Nielsen would never do it. Big Grin
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ [Image: guitarr.gif] ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

04-03-2012, 08:23 AM,
I have heard rick let loose occasionally, but tyler would make a truck driver blush, so to speak. there is no reason for the constant profanity onstage. he probably thinks it adds to the bad boy image, but it actually makes him sound uneducated. tyler should stick to singing as he is moderately talented at it. (he is no robin zander, ya know...)
READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
04-03-2012, 03:32 PM,
Does anyone have the American Express pre-sale password for the pre-sale that starts tomorrow?