Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From Tokyo To You - I know, late to the table on this too...
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
RE: From Tokyo To You - I know, late to the table on this too...
Yeah ~ I'm the last person here to get this DVD. But I really must comment.
This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen! How do Rick, Bun E, Tom and Robin keep straight faces giving those interviews?
Truly, they must make a movie, stupendous actors ALL.
What is truth, what is made up...? I don't know, I don't CARE... all I want is more of the same :love:

Brilliant. And the songs are really good too Tongue

For the other two people who have not purchased this DVD... go do it now.

Yeah!ILikeCheapTrick
http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?a...de=D790907
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2011, 02:50 AM

TinaMarie Wrote:Yeah ~ I'm the last person here to get this DVD. But I really must comment.
This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen! How do Rick, Bun E, Tom and Robin keep straight faces giving those interviews?
Truly, they must make a movie, stupendous actors ALL.
What is truth, what is made up...? I don't know, I don't CARE... all I want is more of the same :love:

Brilliant. And the songs are really good too Tongue

For the other two people who have not purchased this DVD... go do it now.
Yep, funny stuff. You'd be surprised what you can learn about your favorite rock stars...
03-30-2011, 12:20 PM

i must be one of your other two lol .. cos i dont have this ??? only have silver , every trick in the book , the aussie dvd , sgt peppers .. hmm thats it i think .. Sad

tootleszander@aol.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM

Used to own it.
03-30-2011, 11:32 PM

I find you have to look at this DVD differently to appreciate it. It's goofy and fun. And hysterical. It would definitely have been better if the songs had been presented in their entirety. But it's not a concert vid. (Wish I had just the concert footage but don't at this point.)

(Oh) Claire
03-31-2011, 01:49 AM

I thought this dvd was brilliant....The guys each deserve an Emmy for being able to stay composed while they try to convince the world that they invented Pop-Tarts, worked with Minnie Pearl and were the original voice of Rocky The Squirrel! :laugh:

If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
03-31-2011, 01:50 AM

TinaMarie, regarding being the last the own the dvd...just remember, 'better late than never' :Wink:

If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
03-31-2011, 03:50 AM

Trickster_For_Life Wrote:TinaMarie, regarding being the last the own the dvd...just remember, 'better late than never' :Wink:
Definitely true!

Where would you get one of these with just the songs anyway?

Yeah!ILikeCheapTrick
http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?a...de=D790907
04-01-2011, 06:58 AM

I was just watching FTTY again the other morning. I finally watched Silver in its entirety the other night for the first time after having it for years.
04-02-2011, 07:52 PM

The one thing that stands out for me , is how each member coroborates each others stories! As if they sat down a week before , and memorized a series of stories , so when interviewed at 4 different locations , it all sync'd up!

"This damnedable stuff is burning a hole in the ship's carpet!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 01:59 AM

General Disaster Wrote:The one thing that stands out for me , is how each member coroborates each others stories! As if they sat down a week before , and memorized a series of stories , so when interviewed at 4 different locations , it all sync'd up!
That's called "good writing." I seriously doubt (despite how well done this absolutely hilarious and brilliant DVD is) that there was not at LEAST a script they were following. Teleprompters are easy to read, no one is looking directly at the camera all the time so no one has to "look like they aren't reading." I'm pretty sure this was scripted, it was just brilliant, it looks like a million, it's funny, it's "our boys" doing what they do 2nd best.

If, in fact, they didn't use teleprompters, it isn't like the talking points are hard to remember...

I agree, someone should have aired this so it could have been nominated for an Emmy. If not, they should have submitted it in whatever Oscar category it would have fit into.

The "concert" portion of this show is floating around the trading sites and such under the name "New Tricks." If anyone has something good they'd like to trade, I'm up for a trade. You gotta have something I don't (I don't have tons) and it has to look good. Seriously. PM me if interested, no money, trades only, one to one. I will consider things from other artists, just PM me. (My Dad is in the hospital 2500 miles from me so I'm a good bit preoccupied and may be away from home for a short while, so be patient if I don't respond immediately).

Thanks.
04-04-2011, 08:08 AM

ch67 Wrote:
General Disaster Wrote:The one thing that stands out for me , is how each member coroborates each others stories! As if they sat down a week before , and memorized a series of stories , so when interviewed at 4 different locations , it all sync'd up!
That's called "good writing." I seriously doubt (despite how well done this absolutely hilarious and brilliant DVD is) that there was not at LEAST a script they were following. Teleprompters are easy to read, no one is looking directly at the camera all the time so no one has to "look like they aren't reading." I'm pretty sure this was scripted, it was just brilliant, it looks like a million, it's funny, it's "our boys" doing what they do 2nd best.

If, in fact, they didn't use teleprompters, it isn't like the talking points are hard to remember...

I agree, someone should have aired this so it could have been nominated for an Emmy. If not, they should have submitted it in whatever Oscar category it would have fit into.

The "concert" portion of this show is floating around the trading sites and such under the name "New Tricks." If anyone has something good they'd like to trade, I'm up for a trade. You gotta have something I don't (I don't have tons) and it has to look good. Seriously. PM me if interested, no money, trades only, one to one. I will consider things from other artists, just PM me. (My Dad is in the hospital 2500 miles from me so I'm a good bit preoccupied and may be away from home for a short while, so be patient if I don't respond immediately).

Thanks.
Wish there was a second disck of concert only
04-07-2011, 03:24 AM

kevintonight Wrote:
ch67 Wrote:

Thanks.
Wish there was a second disck of concert only
Uh, there is, Kev. Didn't you read the second portion of my post? I have it. PM me. I am sure I can get it to you.
04-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Great acoustic beginning to that show. "I Don't Love Here Anymore" sounds great.
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM

This thread reminded me how funny the commentary on the Music For Hangovers DVD is! I swear, its been awhile since I watched the concert without the commentary on! Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)