Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick with Xeno - CD before Robin
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM,

chptrk428 Wrote:Gus is one of the coolest guys I know.....he has a very extensive vinyl collection and his knowledge of Cheap Trick is amazing.

Now, back to the music..... icon_cheers.gif icon_sunny.gif
Yes Gus is pretty cool...I'll second that Smile icon_thumleft.gif
If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM,

Blacknwhiteforever Wrote:Hey I gotta ask u when was the last time u whispered VOICES in a ladies ear while making LOVE
Congratulations....you win the Dumbest Post of the Year contest!!!
Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"Leave me alone cuz I'm my Best Friend."
05-09-2011, 09:07 PM,

Bernadicou Wrote:
Blacknwhiteforever Wrote:WOW we are not talking about writing SONGS, LMFAO, The man of a thousand VOIECES, can I ask how old are you , and yea u did not answer the last post of mine LOL, I bet all ur music is digital downlods right, ROBIN can sing anything and yes Xeno is not all that bad but he has noooooooooooooooooo range
Yes. He is an amazing singer, deff one of the best, if not the. All I am saying is if Cheap Trick didn't have him as the lead singer they would probably be just as good.
I couldn't disagree with you more. To say they would have been as good without RZ is just plain silliness.
Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

05-10-2011, 10:19 AM,

Regardless of who is singing,,The Xeno boot is good to have,,just listening to the Guitar work of Rick,,plus his Crowd banter between some songs makes it one of my Favorites.

Remember it told in the Good Book,Robin was under contract at the time,,and besides,,back then the guys had to make money somehow,,Thankfully,Someone in the crowd had great insight to record the show,,and some of us have the results of that night.

Calif Trickster
Beware Of Platitudenous Ponderosities
05-10-2011, 05:28 PM,

Bernadicou Wrote:
Jonny Con Carne Wrote:
Bernadicou Wrote:
Blacknwhiteforever Wrote:WOW we are not talking about writing SONGS, LMFAO, The man of a thousand VOIECES, can I ask how old are you , and yea u did not answer the last post of mine LOL, I bet all ur music is digital downlods right, ROBIN can sing anything and yes Xeno is not all that bad but he has noooooooooooooooooo range
Yes. He is an amazing singer, deff one of the best, if not the. All I am saying is if Cheap Trick didn't have him as the lead singer they would probably be just as good.
I couldn't disagree with you more. To say they would have been as good without RZ is just plain silliness.
Robin is amazing but he is not the creative genius behind Cheap Trick.
RZ may not be the "creative genius" behind CT, but his voice is what makes CT sound like CT. He has a very distinct style and character to his voice. I don't think that they would have been able to find a comparable replacement. There are a lot of vocalists that I like but none are in the same league as RZ. I think you are downplaying his contribution to CT.
JCC

05-10-2011, 07:22 PM,

Jonny Con Carne Wrote:RZ may not be the "creative genius" behind CT, but his voice is what makes CT sound like CT. He has a very distinct style and character to his voice. I don't think that they would have been able to find a comparable replacement. There are a lot of vocalists that I like but none are in the same league as RZ. I think you are downplaying his contribution to CT.
Completely agree.
05-11-2011, 07:26 PM,

because of what? anyway, xeno sucks. my opinion. sounds like the lead singer for a bar band where they all have day jobs because they know it's going nowhere and they do it for fun. i have listened several times, and there is no getting used to him. bad. bad. bad. my opinion but i know i can't be alone in it.

they made do without tom for a few years, and now the bun e dilemma... still going strong. take away robin or rick, and it's all over. they made it as a group, and it is a struggle to hobble on without any one of them because they just aren't right without them, but i can't see CT getting by without robin or rick. maybe, MAYBE without rick, but robin is necessary. nobody else can do what he does. look at slade. i love dave's playing style, they were great and the songs are great, but without noddy... well, not so good anymore. they have tried, but nobody can do noddy like noddy. and noddy isn't in the same category as robin. (but you gotta give em points for tenacity, they are still doing it after 40+ years.)
READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
05-13-2011, 05:28 PM,

i guess i AM alone in that opinion. :p
READ ONE OF MY ARTICLES!

I didn't do it. But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
Exclamation
05-14-2011, 01:53 AM,

radiolover Wrote:because of what? anyway, xeno sucks. my opinion. sounds like the lead singer for a bar band where they all have day jobs because they know it's going nowhere and they do it for fun. i have listened several times, and there is no getting used to him. bad. bad. bad. my opinion but i know i can't be alone in it.

they made do without tom for a few years, and now the bun e dilemma... still going strong. take away robin or rick, and it's all over. they made it as a group, and it is a struggle to hobble on without any one of them because they just aren't right without them, but i can't see CT getting by without robin or rick. maybe, MAYBE without rick, but robin is necessary. nobody else can do what he does. look at slade. i love dave's playing style, they were great and the songs are great, but without noddy... well, not so good anymore. they have tried, but nobody can do noddy like noddy. and noddy isn't in the same category as robin. (but you gotta give em points for tenacity, they are still doing it after 40+ years.)
Maybe without Rick? If you took Rick out of Trick you'd be left with nothing ... OK, you'd be left with T.
And I would have to change my name ... "Brian The Crown"? No, no, no, no, no...
To the regiment. I wish I was there.
05-14-2011, 07:24 AM,

Wow I never relized that this topic could be so polarized. I really thought this boot was something Trick fans would be interested in. In all my 35 plus years of being a Trick fan I honesttly never had seen or heard about it anywherre. If its not rare so what, I now have it, and won't part with it. Cheap Trick is a part of my life I discovered them when I was 13 or 14, and they have not let me down over the years. How many people fall in love with a band for life, and that band outlast all others? Not many! I am not a music critic or muscian but I think they are better than a lot of money backed music in the world and their influence will go on for a very long time in the world. Thanks for the worst post of the year award i deserved it, and I prefer beer to Xanax, but Robin is still the greatest......... and yea I answer post here when addressed
05-14-2011, 08:22 AM,

Can we lock this?
05-14-2011, 08:40 AM,

So PEBA why are you requesting this to be locked, is it offensive, taking to much time out or your day, or you just have nothing to say but to advertise your own site?
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM,

:love:
05-14-2011, 04:20 PM,

I' ll give the you never pay for boots, I have lived by that for a very long time, but there comes a time when I need a fix from CT and I got this one. I buy all I can legitamate of theirs, so many reissues too, I'm sure the band has so much recorded some where we could get a treat every month, but I do understand the boot thing. No harm intended to the band but some are essential for CT fans.
Flaming LMAO, just sticking up for myself, ban the guy with the green font, am I up setting the balance of power here or something. I thought these boards were made for opinions and discussion, don't like my post pass on them then.e
05-14-2011, 04:22 PM,

May not have been with you is the key phrase their, just happen to follow my post LOL