Welcome to our 2018 CHEAP TRICK DAY quiz!
(The theme of this year’s quiz is “Where in Cheap Trick’s world…” – the answers are all places.)
Below are a series of questions, with two additional questions used as "tiebreakers." The people who answer the most number of questions correctly will be in the Winner's Circle Lottery. Ten winners will receive one signed set list from one of the dates on our upcoming May/June 2018 tour with Poison.
Please answer the questions in the following format:
List the question number, and your answer next to it.
(For example: 1. ANSWER)
Please include your name, email address, and if you are a Trick International Fan Club member, include your membership number. One submission per person.
Send your answers to: TrickDayQuiz2018@AOL.COM
Contest ends at 10:00amCST on April 2, 2018.
Contest is not open to employees or family members of CT Touring or its affiliated management companies or subsidiaries.
Winners will be notified April 4, 2018.
Answers and winners list will be posted after 5:00pmCST on April 4, 2018.
1. In which city and country was our first show with Nickelback in 2017?
2. In December 2017, we played a few dates overseas with our friends, Deep Purple. It was great to see some old friends and make a lot of new ones. In which city and country was the third show of that short tour?
3. “Take me out to the ballgame…” where you will catch us playing three shows at MLB stadiums with Def Leppard and Journey this summer! In which city is the third and last of these shows?
4. We are in the city that features on a 1978 poster on the We’re All Alright! album cover – where are we?
5. Our online merch store includes the “Bolt Tour T-Shirt”. What is the ninth city down on the right hand list of concert locations?
6. According to the Sex.America.Cheap Trick box set liner notes, the song “High Roller” was written about “…a would-be bigshot drug runner…” from what town and state?
7. In which city and state did we record our sixth studio album?
8. .In which city was the Hard Rock Café that we played a show at in 1994 to help commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission?
9. The Sex.America.Cheap Trick box set contains the image of a concert ticket dated May 2, 1980. In what city and state was that show?
10. In late April of 2013, we played special shows in which two cities to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Budokan?
1. The title of the last song (unlisted on the original release) on our third LP was a play on the name of which town (where we played a lot in our early days)?
2. Rick shaved off his beard during the encore break at a 2001 show in which city?
Special thanks to Kim Gisborne, Darran Prosser, Adam Balaban
Cheap Trick News
All the news headlines, archived: