As a continuation of the re-envisioning the chaos, Beauty in Chaos (the brainchild of Michael Ciravolo) gets a brilliant and original remix with a little help from Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) and Michael Anthony (Van Halen, Chickenfoot, Sammy Hagar, The Circle). When you listen to this track in its new-found glory, you hear nothing from the pasts of any of the aforementioned artists. As much as I love the body of work these artists have, I find that extremely refreshing in that this is audible proof that true artists are continuingly growing and expanding. Instead, what you hear is a new and original piece of sonic bliss that captivates as it plays....
CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY
After a successful run on Broadway, Rocktopia is taking it on the road! A show where musical genres collide mashing up classical masters such as Beethoven, Puccini and Strauss with rock anthems such as Aerosmith’s “Dream On”, Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir” or Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
During the Broadway run, there were guest appearances by such rock stars as Dee Snider of Twisted Sister and Pat Monahan of Train. Tampa was represented by local resident rocker Robin Zander of Cheap Trick fame, who did a week of Rocktopia and spoke to The Sarasota Post exclusively about his experience with the show.
"I thought they were kidding when I was asked to do a week on Broadway for Rocktopia. I was feeling a bit like a fish out of water but that was short-lived once I got there. Everyone was so kind and giving and always had my back. I have so much admiration for the production staff and players for their discipline and dedication. This marriage of Bach, Beethoven, opera and rock music was magically pieced together by some of the best musicians I’ve had the pleasure to work with. Chloe and all the other individual singers were outstandingly diverse with a choir and orchestra that were so exceptional that the standing audience roared back their appreciation. All you had to do was witness the show to know there was nothing like this on Broadway - or anywhere for that matter! To say the least, fun was had by all!” Robin Zander
READ THE FULL STORY HERE
Real Gone Music’s First Volume of the Band’s Rare Epic Recordings Was Hailed by Their Fans, So Now Comes Volume 2, Covering the Prime Years of 1980-1983
- 16 Tracks Including a Bunch of LP Debuts
- Begins with Three Tracks from the 1980 EP Found All the Parts
- Includes Singles “Oh Boy,” “World’s Greatest Lover,” “Everything Works If You Let It,” and the b-side “Get Ready”
- Rare Live Performances of “The House Is Rockin’ (with Domestic Problems)” and “Way of the World”
- Demos of “Loser” and “If You Want My Love”
- Alternate Mixes/Versions of “Saturday at Midnight” and “Dancing the Night Away”
- Soundtrack Songs Including “Reach Out” and “I Must Be Dreamin’” from Heavy Metal and the title song from Spring Break
- Rare Photos by Long-Time Band Photographer Robert Alford
- Mastered by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios in New York
The Cheap Trick touring organization is a small family, and it is with profound sadness that we must announce the sudden passing of one of our tour family members,
Larry Melero. Larry was Rick’s guitar tech for a number of years, but we used to say he was everyone’s tech as he was always repairing some piece of gear for someone – whether it was assisting a crew member of one of the bands we happened to be touring with, or just fixing backline rental that showed up at the venue and didn’t work properly.
For those unsuspecting people meeting him for the first time, he looked like a guy you wouldn’t want to tangle with (and it was always amusing watching people cautiously approach him!), but in reality, he was someone who would help you out without thinking twice (and crack many a joke or two in the process). Larry was very loved and respected throughout the touring industry, as evidenced from the volume of calls and texts that we have been receiving over the course of the past few days.
Our prayers and thoughts go out to the Melero family, and to all of the many people across the globe that Larry’s irreplaceable light, humor and friendship touched over the years.
For those wishing to send condolences to Larry’s family, you can do so by mailing cards to our address and we will forward them:
c/o Trick International
3280 Sunrise Highway, #154
Wantagh NY 11793 USA
I always knew Larry would have me covered with tuning, teching, a unique knowledge in tone, he was a great one, always with sarcasm and humor, much like, so I'm told, me.....
He built 3 guitars for me, just cuz he could and wanted to surprise me and he fixed all my vintage amp collection that I'd neglected for years without me even asking.
Larry would spend time with our guests explaining the virtues of, the why and the reasoning behind the Checkerboard 5 neck, and photo requests usually with his huge smile or with a Larry trademark favorite, the middle “finger.”
- Rick Nielsen
Journey‘s Neal Schon and Cheap Trick‘s Rick Nielsen will serve as guest instructors at guitar wiz Joe Satriani‘s fifth annual edition of his G4 Experience guitar camp and concert series, “G4 Experience V5.0: Rocks the Desert,” which takes place January 3-7, 2019 at Hotel Zoso in Palm Springs, California.
Other musicians who will share their musical expertise at the event are former David Bowie guitarist Carlos Alomar, ex-Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, and Megadeth‘s Kiko Loreiro.
The four-day extravaganza offers guitar workshops, jam sessions, nightly concerts, meet-and-greets, recreational activities and more.
“The students that have come to the first four G4 Experiences have been as unique and eclectic as you could imagine so for G4 Eexperience V5.0 I’ve put together a team of instructors that really reflects that diverse nature,” says Satriani in a statement. “The lineup this year is probably our best yet. It’s so exciting, getting to be so totally immersed and getting to be so close to these great players.”
Joe, who’s also a member of the Sammy Hagar-fronted supergroup Chickenfoot, will be joined at the upcoming G4 Experience by his solo touring band — guitarist/keyboardist Mike Keneally, bassist Bryan Beller and drummer Joe Travers — who will perform with him each night and also will serve as instructors.
Visit G4Experience.com for more information and to reserve your place at the camp.
Performing for the first time together on one stage in public, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and legendary Cheap Trick front man Robin Zander and his family, Robin Taylor and Robin-Sailor make their Capitol Theatre debut! The concert will include an unforgettable night of classic covers, Cheap Trick favorites and original music, along with a multi-media presentation.
Robin Zander is a founding member and lead singer of one of America’s premiere rock bands, Cheap Trick. Known for classic rock anthems like Surrender, I Want You To Want Me and The Dream Police, the band has sold millions of albums and played venues the world over. Both Robin Taylor and Robin-Sailor are accomplished singer-songwriters, musicians and alumni of the Marcia P. Hoffman School of the Arts.
Don't miss this up close and personal experience with the Zander Family!
Tickets are $50 (includes a meet & greet), $39, & $29. Performance is at the Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St, Downtown Clearwater.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
This is information on an exclusive pre-order for the rescheduled show who had a Budokan ticket that was on Cheap Trick Fan Club pre-sale
■Children under pre-school age not allowed to enter the show / 2F Reserved Seats: Children over 4 years old required to purchase a ticket
■Selected by Lottery
■One-time-only application with ticket type preference up to 4 per person.
■This is EXCLUSIVE pre-order will only be for a Budokan ticket holder. Application with different customer info from the Budokan ticket purchase will be invalid.
【How to apply】
1. Please read the e-mail from Ticket Pia about details on how to apply for exclusive pre-order for the Zepp Tokyo show.
2. Apply for the pre-order at the link below. Application period: 5/22(Tue)12:00 to 5/27(Sun)23:59 ※This will be the only period to apply.
3. Ticket Pia will send you e-mail about lottery result after 5/30(Wed) 18:00
<Apply here> Cheap Trick Fan Club Pre-order for the Zepp Tokyo show
【チープ・トリック・ファンクラブ先行で武道館公演チケットを購入されたお客様へ - 振替公演 優先先行予約(抽選)について】
■1Fスタンディング: 未就学児入場不可 / 2F指定席: 4歳以上チケット必要
2. 受付期間: 5/22(火)12:00~5/27(日)23:59 ※こちらの期間内に必ずお申込み下さい。
Welcome to our 2018 CHEAP TRICK DAY quiz!
(The theme of this year’s quiz is “Where in Cheap Trick’s world…” – the answers are all places.)
Below are a series of questions, with two additional questions used as "tiebreakers." The people who answer the most number of questions correctly will be in the Winner's Circle Lottery. Ten winners will receive one signed set list from one of the dates on our upcoming May/June 2018 tour with Poison.
Please answer the questions in the following format:
List the question number, and your answer next to it.
(For example: 1. ANSWER)
Please include your name, email address, and if you are a Trick International Fan Club member, include your membership number. One submission per person.
Send your answers to: TrickDayQuiz2018@AOL.COM
Contest ends at 10:00amCST on April 2, 2018.
Contest is not open to employees or family members of CT Touring or its affiliated management companies or subsidiaries.
Winners will be notified April 4, 2018.
Answers and winners list will be posted after 5:00pmCST on April 4, 2018.
1. In which city and country was our first show with Nickelback in 2017?
2. In December 2017, we played a few dates overseas with our friends, Deep Purple. It was great to see some old friends and make a lot of new ones. In which city and country was the third show of that short tour?
3. “Take me out to the ballgame…” where you will catch us playing three shows at MLB stadiums with Def Leppard and Journey this summer! In which city is the third and last of these shows?
4. We are in the city that features on a 1978 poster on the We’re All Alright! album cover – where are we?
5. Our online merch store includes the “Bolt Tour T-Shirt”. What is the ninth city down on the right hand list of concert locations?
6. According to the Sex.America.Cheap Trick box set liner notes, the song “High Roller” was written about “…a would-be bigshot drug runner…” from what town and state?
7. In which city and state did we record our sixth studio album?
8. .In which city was the Hard Rock Café that we played a show at in 1994 to help commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission?
9. The Sex.America.Cheap Trick box set contains the image of a concert ticket dated May 2, 1980. In what city and state was that show?
10. In late April of 2013, we played special shows in which two cities to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Budokan?
1. The title of the last song (unlisted on the original release) on our third LP was a play on the name of which town (where we played a lot in our early days)?
2. Rick shaved off his beard during the encore break at a 2001 show in which city?
Special thanks to Kim Gisborne, Darran Prosser, Adam Balaban
Cheap Trick News
All the news headlines, archived: